Eagles QB Mark Sanchez: We need another guy to throw, that’s why we signed Tebow

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Apr 25, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mark Sanchez thinks Tim Tebow is a camp arm.

Sanchez told CSNPhilly.com that he’s been told Tebow was signed as another quarterback to give the receivers some work because Sam Bradford is still not 100 percent.

“He’s obviously a great guy, he works hard. And we needed another guy to throw while Sam’s still recovering,” Sanchez said. “So that’s the reason , at least as explained to me. We’re excited about the upcoming year and I think we have a great group.”

But that reason makes no sense. If the Eagles just wanted another guy to throw, there are dozens of quarterbacks with better arms than Tebow who could do that job.

Where Tebow potentially has value to a team is in the things he can do beyond throwing the football: Tebow is good at escaping the pocket under pressure, good at making something happen when a play breaks down and good at managing the clock when his team is trailing in the fourth quarter. There’s value in those skills, which is why Tebow had some success as the Broncos’ starting quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-to-throw-thats-why-we-signed-tebow/related/

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Could you imagine Brady, Manning Sr., or Rodgers saying something like that?

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Sanchez saying Tebow is just a camp arm. LOL. So is he.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

False. Sanchez is not a good NFL starter, but he's certainly an upper echelon back-up QB in today's NFL.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

You have to admit that it would be funny if Sanchez turned out to be the one that got cut.

6. Buck Fenson

Fixed it for ya.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Haha. Seriously though...how many backup QBs are better than him?

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd rather have Bruce Gradkowski than Sanchez. He's not a terrible back up though. I wouldn't be terribly upset with him as a back up.

9. Buck Fenson

not many. they usually get starting gigs. if it is for the remainder of a game then cool.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

So the Cards were 9-1 when Palmer went down last year and ended up 11-5. I would have given my left nut to have had Sanchez on the roster last year.

11. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I'd rather have Sanchez on Bear's roster than Clausen.

12. Buck Fenson

come on. you know you want the Bow.