Worst (#######) day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ICECOLD, Feb 6, 2015.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

We're internet assholes, but at the heart of the majority of us we are decent people. I learned that in my divorce thread.

ICECOLD and 86WARD like this.
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Sorry to read this about your son man. Glad the surgery went well and best wishes on the recovery.

ICECOLD likes this.
  3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

more venting...

So my son had a follow up appointment on Thursday and now they say they want him to start rehabbing in 2 weeks. But the doctor told my wife he'd still miss a month from school, and then wrote on his assessment sheet that he'd only miss a week. So when my wife contacted the school to get a tutor setup, they contacted the doctor's office and the paperwork sent to them stated a week, so now they won't set up a tutor until my wife can provide documentation that it's a month. bit of a mess.

On the personal side of things, my oldest son asked my wife why I didn't fly out to see him and that if it was my youngest son I would've gone. what the hell am I supposed to say to that? He doesn't know I've barely slept all week wondering how they were. It seems every time I call he's sleeping or can't get a hold of her because her sleep schedule is all screwed up. I literally made a phone call yesterday to try to get hired by one of my old companies and just give this opportunity up to go back out there and was told we'd love to have you back but there aren't any openings right now unless you can accept part time.. but stay in touch.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

How old is your eldest son? If he's like 12/13 or older I'd tackle it head on and have a one-on-one with him on why he feels that way. Siblings are always jealous of each other in some manner, but you also may find out that he could have a legitimate concern about something you don't even realize you're doing. I had a similar situation with my oldest daughter. She was a cheerleader for the varsity football team in high school and my youngest was a dancer. I always went to the youngest's dance recitals but never went to football games to watch the oldest cheer. Not even something I ever thought about, but to her it was big deal. I started going to high school football games and hated every minute of it because her school sucked so bad, but it made her happy.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Ya he's 15. I know exactly what you're saying. Appreciate the advice.

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

My son gets his staples out of his knees this week and is supposed to start rehab. Finally some good news out of this.

7. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

How long is the rehab going to be? One of my friends tore their knee up while skiing back in high school and did the rehab thing and it was months before he felt right walking let alone running and stuff. Best of luck to your son in rehab.

8. DawkinsINT

Good to hear. I hope he continues to have a speedy recovery.

9. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

A lot has happened in last couple days. So he has to have the braces on for another 6 weeks. Rehab starts next week, 2x/week. The doctor said he could go back to school starting today, so my wife has to take him and wheelchair to school and pick him up every day. He's assigned a student helper to give him assistance, and his PE class is making him a teacher's aide, and he can use that period to catch up on all of his work. He has to keep the braces on at school, but can take them off at home (he feels more comfortable with them on for now). The screws have to stay in his knees for now. I've been asking my wife if she's gotten any bills yet, and to this point she hasn't. But I got a letter in the mail today asking if I had other insurance to cover costs (which we don't). So I went to the insurer's website and saw all of the claims that have been submitted (not including yesterday's).... so far it's an amount that made me want to puke. But still have to wait and see what the final damage is and come up with a plan.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hopefully most of it is covered for your sake. Getting medical bills in the Mail is the worst...

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

medical bills f--k everybody but millionaires and billionaires.
    hope your son gets better man.has to be hell seeing him so injured.prayers for you from my family to yours.

12. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Last week, the doctor gave him clean bill of health. No more crutches, walker, wheelchair etc. Can't full out run/play basketball yet, but much better than a couple months ago. On a bad note, my wife destroyed our savings and my trust and after much soul-searching I told her we're through. What a year

DawkinsINT and 86WARD like this.
  13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wait...what?

Good news on your son!

14. DawkinsINT

Glad to hear about your son. Sorry to hear about your wife. My ex destroyed my savings as well. Put us in so much debt. Best of luck moving forward man.

15. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I'm glad he's doing better. My wife on the other hand pissed away a third of our savings and can't even tell me on what. She told me she did it to get us back together quicker, meaning to ruin the chances of me moving them out here with me. And then got upset with me over questioning her about it. She said she'd fix it, but gave very little effort and I just finally stopped being delusional to the fact that she'll never change and we have very different goals in life.

16. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

So that's 3 gif divorces in a fairly short time span... Who's next?

Omen... Ward... Yall good?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Gridironfans/Fantasy Knuckleheads: The Marriage Wrecker

Steve12 and DawkinsINT like this.
  18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm good...lol