The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea it's kodi with all the apps you need to stream stuff built in.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cool. I'll have to try it. I think it's supposed to be here at some point his week.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed. purest will complain about the changes in the stroyline but you cannot argue about how great everything looked. all of those characters, creatures and landscapes brought to life.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ive read LOTR and the Hobbit many times and came away very impressed with how Jackson worked the story. A good example is in Moria. In the book Tolkien spends almost half a chapter talking about how valuable Mithril is and how the dwarves awoke the bolrog digging to deep for it. In the movie Jackson did a great summing it up in one line from Sauromon. " The dwarves dug to deep and too greedily. Lord knows what they awoken" Some of those purist dont realize that considering the nature of the material and that much of it is establishing back story and Middle Earth lore, how much of a constraint it is for a filmmaker.

I was also impressed with how he stretch all 300 or so pages of the Hobbit into 3 movies working stories from the Similarion and Unfinished Tales into it and making the story still seem seamless. Granted I thought Battle Of Five Armies was a bit thin

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i was trying to figure what parts of the silmarillion he used in the hobbit. the timeline would make no sense since the timeline for the hobbit is 2500 years after.

6. Jihad Joe

I might be wrong but I believe Azog was from the Similarion

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

NERDS

Omen likes this.
  8. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, book wise his time is right before the hobbit. he actaully dies in the battle for moria you see at the beginning of the 1st hobbit movie.

sorry walnuts, did that spoil anything for you ?

9. Jihad Joe

I could be off on this, but I believe much of his back story came from the Similarion where they talked about him in more detail. Though honestly Ive never actually read it. I do know that in the Hobbit he was only really mentioned

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I installed that on the Fire Stick I got today and shirt there's a lot of stuff on there...quite confusing with all of it...

11. Steve12

Basically you want to focus on the one called Genesis. It's the first option in the videos section.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can you get it to come up on the main screen and stay there?

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

i just got done the silmarillion and unless i am blanking, azog is not mentioned. his time in the entire saga was only nine years during the third age. now i havent read the unfinished tales yet so im not sure if tolkien discussed his time as the ruler of the orcs in that.

14. Steve12

If you did the tvmc install that should be on the main screen.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I did that on mine and it's not on the main screen.

16. Jihad Joe

Come to think of it, it may have been one of the LOTR appendix

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

loved the LOTR triology,but i just did not care for the hobbitt flicks at all. Ialso liked willow which was a lotr triology was'nt it?

18. Jihad Joe

No. Willow was what Lucas did when he couldnt get the LOTR rights

Diesel44 likes this.
  19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Just watched the documentary Happy Valley. Glad I watched it for the clarity provided regarding the Joe Paterno legacy in my eyes. Legally, JoePa did exactly what he was required to do. Morally/ethically he's as guilty as sin. I'd give it a 7/10.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dumb and Dumber To. Thought it was okay. Had some real funny parts. Still not even in the ball park being as good as the original...

Steve12 likes this.