2016 Regular Season Thread - The Carson Wentz Era Begins !

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by smeags, Sep 9, 2016.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

Well here we are, the 2016 season is underway as is the carson wentz era. what a crazy offseason it was. the purging of chip kelly and his delusional way of running an nfl team happened, as did the cleansing of most his s**t draft picks, and FA signings.

I have ripped howie roseman many times in the past and deservingly so, but I don't know how anyone can give him less than an A for his offseason moves, ending with the sam bradford & eric rowe trades. I mean the guy got rid of s**t players with s**t contracts and moved up the draft board to get the guy the team wanted. we'll see if wentz pans out, but after the bradford trade, they basically gave up a 2nd round pick to get him.

I don't have any real expectations for this team this year, nor did I have them before sammy got shipped to minny. I just hope this kid doesn't get plowed into the ground so he can progress and learn the game at the nfl level. still don't agree with starting him this early, but the hell, go for it.

defense should be pretty solid as is, and if the cb's can play even at an average level, it will be elite.

the offense is going to be the issue. new qb, an oline hanging on by a thread, no true outside threats. still be interesting to see how they roll with mattehws and beckham out there.

I'm thinking it's a 7-9 season, too many changes, tough schedule, but a weak division once again which will give the team a couple wins and keep it interesting.

ill be there sunday, its my 40th home opener, hopefully this is the start of a better era of eagles football than we've seen the last couple years.

GO EAGLES !

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm pretty much in agreement with all of that. And while I think it would probably be a little more wise to start Wentz after the bye week, it certainly has me more excited than I would have been to see the awful Chase Daniel

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Can you imagine what I'm going to say if the Eagles lose to the Browns tomorrow? BTW, I'll get to see that game on CBS.

GO COWBOYS!

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The Bradford deal was huge IMO

I think the Eagles are inna rebuilding state and getting a good chunk of what they traded for Wentz back was a huge. Especially considering what they traded was hot garbage.

Id personally go with Daniels. I dont think Wentz is ready. I wanted him bad during draft season, as he has top 5 QB upside, but I think as a rookie he could be a TO machine. He reminds me alot of Blake Bortles, who also had a habit of gambling in college. Great talents, get football character on both. Similar skillset ( big arm athletic QBs from the Roethlisberger mold)

Anyways good luck this season guys

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

can you tell us anyway ?

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, I got that one right.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

to the opposing nfce fans - you should be very worried. not about this season, but the future ahead for your team's when they face the eagles.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

If they can get Wentz some real receivers who don't drop everything in their hands...look out. He's the real deal.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed. I like Matthews, but he has to catch that TD pass last night. seems he isn't really off on the league average for drops, but damn, his seem to be crucial drops.

jury is still out on agholor, seems to be a little than last season, but needs to pick his game up. if beckham and agholor can blossom they may actually have a WR corp.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ryan Leaf looked like the real deal after two starts...

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

not quite, but I see the analogy.

12. ragman

Let's see how he fares against a decent defense in PITT.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

its not Pittsburgh's defense that will be the real challenge, its their offense.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

@ragman

Hi

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. ragman

The team that Philly played yesterday was not the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was a HS JV team. SMH.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

so, suddenly the steelers aren't the team they used to be. lol

17. ragman

I hope they reamed by their coaches during film sessions this week.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

maybe the reall issue is, the eagles are a team you better start worrying about. for a long time to come.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Like I said in the gameday thread...I'm really worried about the Carson Wentz era now. McNabb kicked our ass for most of the past decade, until we got our first playoff win in 15 years against him (I'm sure Dawk still blames the air guitar thing). The last time I was worried about a rookie QB in the division, RGIII was kicking ass all over the league, so...there's still hope, I guess...

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

Dear Los Angeles & Cleveland,

Thanks being so damn stupid.

Signed,
    Howie Roseman