2015 Eagles Off-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Mar 2, 2015.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

A preview of things to come.

2. ragman

Your future. The ghost of Chipper lives!

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

so, you're attempting to tell us that eagles may not be that good this season ? :dunno:

4. ragman

Not from what I've seen so far.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

1- pre-season doesn't mean s**t. you know that, or at least i hope you do.

2- you aren't breaking any news here about the eagles probably looking at another bad season.

6. ragman

Anyone hear the news that just broke? The Vikings have traded their first round pick and their fourth round pick in next year's draft for QB Sam Bradford.

Thoughts?

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I couldn't be happier. Obviously Wentz is the future of this franchise and this is a rebuilding year. To get a 1st & a 4th for a stop-gap unhappy QB is an absolute steal.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The 4th round pick can become a 2nd round pick if the Vikings reach the Super Bowl. I can almost see Dawk and company rooting for them Vikings after the Eagles get eliminated in week 8 :p...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Haha...it's a tough call to root for or against the Vikes. If they suck with Bradford our first round pick gets better. A no lose situation.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hey...after the Wentz trade, you had no 1st round pick in 2017. Even if it ends up being the 32nd, you should be happy. I would.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

gonna be nice sitting at the draft next year when they pick an OT to help protect wentz.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think thata what you guys really need. Johnson is a good LT if you can trust him. You cant. His next suspension is a year I believe. You need another LT that can take over for Peter's when he is done.

That or a WR if Agholor doesnt make a big improvement in 2017

13. DawkinsINT

Good first game for Wentz. So strange to almost double the opponent in TOP after Chip.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

great first game, atmosphere was awesome at the game. got a wentz jersey shirt at the tailgate. I'm all in.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Shouldn't he face an actual NFL defense first, before you guys get all excited?

ragman likes this.
  16. ragman

Amen. The Bears are not the Browns. BIG difference.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

@ragman - actually, zero difference.

18. ragman

The Bears are not what they used to be. Soldier Field used to be a tough place to play. Not anymore. I heard this morning that the Bears are now 1-8 at home since John Fox became HC.

Congrats. The Eagles beat a couple of cream puffs. Things get tougher on Sunday when they play the Steelers. The only thing the Eagles have going for them in that game is that they play them at the Linc. I'll get to see that game on CBS Sunday afternoon. Can't wait.

19. DawkinsINT

You sure changed your tune AFTER the game. But no doubt the Steelers are a true test.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

@ragman - most eagles fans had the team at 2-1 going into the bye week. it will not be a surprise to any of us if that's the case come sunday evening.

also rags, did you know that there is actually a thread for this season in here ?