Week 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Sep 7, 2018.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Last night's Falcons-Eagles game was a real sloppy start to the season...but football is back!!

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

23 accepted penalties!! This will literally be a very long season...

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wait...Fitzpatrick and the Bucs scored how many points???

4. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Fitzpatrick scored at least 2 touchdowns with his eyes closed deep floating bombs - Fitz was on fire - yes the Saints D was shockingly horrible - but Fitz was having one hell of a night.. Winston could become expendable if Fitz's deep ball continues to be perfect

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Another week 1 survival pool exit. Thanks a lot, Saints. These pools should start until week 4 or 5, when we have every team figured out.

I don't want to talk about my Cowboys.

6. Kurt

Cowboys.. I mean.. what did they expect when they didn't replace Witten or Dez.. expect several years of rebuild and possibly 10 more years of irrelevance.. the sooner you cut Dak the better off you'll be..

I also lost my survival pool week 1 due to Saints... go figure =)

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

eagles game went pretty much as I expected, sloppy offense and a defense looking to make a statement.

oh and I took Jacksonville in my survivor pool. thanks giants.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, it's starting to look like Dak isn't the answer after all. The throws he missed...I mean, come on, man!!!

Cowboys media has started to ask for Scott Linehan's head and I might join soon. The offense is just too predictable, even with all the misdirections and trick plays...none of them worked. The OL misses Frederick badly. It looks like he won't play at all this year.

The defense looked great at times. Even with Sean Lee missing a couple of easy tackles here and there. Not playing in preseason will do that to you, but with his injury history, I'd rather have it like that. He'll be up to speed in a couple of weeks. The secondary looked very good too, and so did the pass rush. This defense might give us chances in some games, but this offense is not made to play catch-up. If we go down early like yesterday, we won't be able to catch up.

So yeah...we might get a high draft pick. Good thing the Seahawks didn't take our 2nd for Earl Thomas.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oh, and Dez wouldn't have made any difference at all. The problem with the receivers is that they can't get separation, something Dez hasn't done since 2014, and when he did, he dropped 50% of his targets.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

btw, you guys like the foles' "how to video" he did for brady to show him how that play is supposed to be executed ?

11. Kurt

havent seen it.. but sounds funny

12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known