Week 15 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Dec 12, 2018.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't believe there are only 3 weeks left in the regular season.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I can't believe it either. The downside of my favorite part of the year: the holidays.

3. DawkinsINT

Wentz having back spasms. May miss the Rams game. Not that they really had much of a shot at the playoffs, but this would be a death blow.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I told you. You should sit Wentz (who hasn't looked like himself all season) and give Foles a new audition to see if a desperate team bites in March. Good thing you're following my advice.

5. DawkinsINT

Foles is going to be a free agent after this season. If they lose to the Rams, Sudfeld should start the last two games. Nothing to gain with Foles.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

they wont put sudfeld in until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He thought he had signed a 2-year extension after the Super Bowl to have insurance for Wentz's knee and shopping him after this season.

8. DawkinsINT

He did, but the 2nd year was really just to clear out cap space for 2018 and increase how much Nick would make this year. His base salary for 2019 would be $20M. It's a club option which obviously the Eagles will not keep him for that price.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You could still trade him if someone is willing to take the 20 million hit.

There's always the team that feels it's "one QB away". This year it could be the Giants but I don't think you'd trade him to a division rival.

The Broncos could still look for another one. The Vikings are still half a year away from admitting they made a mistake with Cousins. The Bucs could move on from Jameis. There's a market for super bowl winning QBs.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

they can trade foles with that salary and the other team would simply re-do the deal and extend him. its audition time.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Now Adam Schefter reports Wentz has a fracture in his back.

Hmm...a fracture in his back. That's how Dak Prescott got the Cowboys starting job...

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

doesn't sound good at all, but it would fit in perfectly with our luck as philly fans.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

hearing the eagles' med staff knew and didn't tell wentz ??????

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That would be f'd up.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

seems like an internet rumor looking for clicks. it has to be, there's no way the eagles would do that.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I had an interesting discussion yesterday with my brother, while watching the thursday night game.

What happens if Nick Foles runs the table, makes the playoffs, and somehow wins another Super Bowl with Philly? I say nothing changes, and he'll still be traded (for multiple 1st round picks this time). He says you'll ditch Wentz and give Foles 200 gazillion dollars and make him a statue next to Rocky's. I think those are the two possibilities, with no middle point.

Speaking of yesterday's games...the Chargers coach has balls the size of Jupiter...that's all.

17. DawkinsINT

I think the Eagles would still stick with Wentz, but it sure would be fun to find out! Haha.

I guess I have to be a Dolphins fan today.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

TJ, like your team scored in points yesterday, you have zero reason to be confident they can make any kind of real run in the playoffs.

the eagles on the other hand, well, they live for one more week.

oh and f*ck the pats !!

19. DawkinsINT

I loved the way the defense played yesterday. What a difference Maddox made to that secondary. I'm so glad they still have a heartbeat. Go Saints tonight!

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oh, I know...I can't wait to see who's going to beat us in the Wildcard...Seattle or Minesota.

And I'm almost rooting for the Eagles again just to see what happens. I'm even beginning to think that Wentz is not that hurt and that it was an excuse to put the Super Bowl MVP back in the line-up.