Week 14 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Dec 4, 2019.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Some decent match-ups this week:
    Ravens - Bills
    49ers - Saints
    Chiefs - Patriots

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Can't wait for the 7-9, NFC East Champions Dallas Cowboys to get a home playoff game against the 49ers...and get absolutely destroyed. It would be a fitting end for the Garrett era: not great, not bad...just ok.

Tomorrow we'll make Trubisky look like freakin' Mahomes at times. Just wait and see...

Who are the Eagles losing to this week?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

If things go as torturous as possible...the Cowboys will lose and then on Monday night the Eagles and Giants will tie.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't know, Dawk...I just read Eli might start next monday as Dany Jones has an injured ankle.

Eli Manning returning for one last hurrah, and knocking the Eagles out of the playoffs will be the most Eli Manning thing ever after winning that second Super Bowl against Brady.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

I posted that before I heard Eli was probably going to play....so yeah....Giants by double digits haha.

TJ likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

If the Redskins end up winning this division it will be so hilariously embarrassing that it will prompt major changes that both the Cowboys and Eagles need.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

...and the NFL. I don't think you can have losing teams in the playoffs anymore. Use the divisions only for scheduling purposes, but rank the teams 1 to 6 independently of division winners and wild cards. 1 and 2 have byes, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5. The re-seed the advancing teams. Rinse, repeat. Voilá. I fixed the NFL playoffs and it wasn't that hard.

The Cowboys are my team and I don't want them in the playoffs like that.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oh, by the way...I didn't even watch yesterday's game. I came home late, turned the TV on, it was the 4th quarter and I just went to bed...

9. DawkinsINT

I don't mind the playoffs the way they are. First goal for every team is winning your division. If you don't do that then you have no playoff guarantees. I love winning the division mean so much.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Just wait until a team wins its division with a 6-10 record. 6-0 in the division, 0-10 outside of it. I can happen at I think it will.

You have wild card teams winning super bowls more often now...I really don't see the point anymore, other than bragging rights...

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This is the meme of the year xD

[​IMG]

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Good luck, Chump. I already clinched my playoff berth...not caring at all helps a lot in fantasy...who knew?

14. DawkinsINT

The 49ers-Saints game was insane. I wish they could have played a whole another quarter. Those offenses were relentless.

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Can't wait for the rematch in january!!

Are we allowed to say that Brady and the Patriots look finished? Or should we just wait a few more weeks? Man, that was sad...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

I've thought several times in the past that the Patriots were finished. This seems worse than before, but I won't say until B&B retire.

TJ likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, you're probably right. It might be after this year...who knows.

Probably just wishful thinking...

18. DawkinsINT

Eagles managed to survive. Don't know who will be playing next week as these injuries keep mounting. They ended the game with the 3 WRs being a rookie, a practice squad WR, and their 3rd TE. 40 year old backup QB Josh McCown put on a receiver's helmet because he would have been next up if anyone other wideout got hurt. Horrible job by the general manager with this roster.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Did you see the tweet about Wentz's contract being void after 2020 if the team doesn't pick up some option in March that would guarantee him a 30+ million salary? I love how these HUGE deals are actually very small contracts with out-clauses everywhere. That's the sign of a smart organization...

If only the Cowboys had a smart GM :(

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Not only that, but the top seed!!

Can't wait to lose in the playoffs against the guy who entered with a 3-game losing streak because he refuses to sit Brady.