The New Hangout Thread - v5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

and we lost a messed up game. still had a chance to tie at the end.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Speaking of Buck Fenson...Tom Benson (Saints owner) just died today, at 90 years old. Rest in peace and let the court fight to see who will inherit the team begin!!

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Even though he was 90 years old, I was still pretty sad to hear of his passing. He didn't have the best reputation, but he's been an NFL staple for decades. RIP.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I always wondered why some Saints fans hated him so much (@Buck Fenson , are you still here? Care to explain?). Sure, the team sucked for 30 years, but they eventually turned it around and were a big part of the recovery after Katrina. Just by not permanently moving the team, he helped the community so much.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

In today's episode of "I hate fantasy football and I have no idea why I keep playing"

I have both Rivers and Roethlisberger in my team (yes, I know...I'm stuck in the 2000's). After the Bills defense made 2018 Joe Flacco look like playoffs 2012 Joe Flacco, and since Big Ben still doesn't have Bell and struggled against the mighty Browns in week 1, I thought starting Rivers was a no-brainer.

Well, Ben made 5 more points than Rivers and I'm losing my match-up by 2 points.

Why, oh why do I keep doing this to myself? :(

6. DawkinsINT

I enjoy Sundays so much more since I stopped playing fantasy. I'll never go back.

TJ likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Hello, hello, hello.....is this thing on?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yes...yes it is...basically 2 or 3 people now out of pure nostalgia :p

Hi, Mike.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ha!! I finally quit Fantasy Football this year...well, last year...2020.

I don't know what I was thinking...top 3 decision I have made in my life...ever.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

TJ!! Nice to see ya

I was cleaning out a cabinet this morning and found a gridiron fans mug I won years ago when the old owners ran the place
    Made me wanna drop by and see if anyone was still here

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, it's just basically Dawk and me these days...and Chump drops a link to his latest column from time to time. Even the fantasy section was dead this year.

This site remains at the top of my bookmarks folder, since 2005 (I was in college that year!!! Me, 18 months away from my 40th birthday). That's why I keep coming back. I want to see if I can make it to 20 years, but it doesn't seem likely...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Hey Mike! I hope you are doing well. TJ pretty much summed things up for this board. I miss the old days of message boards. FB and Twitter pretty much killed them off....bummer.

TJ likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We're the last two hell fish

[​IMG]

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Doing well my man. Hope the same for you!

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Seattle, where Russell Wilson gets hit too much, and the Mariners can't hit anything...

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm just here to share with you guys that I'm finally getting my covid shot next week. I stand corrected, I totally expected to go the full year without getting the vaccine given the corrupt and incompetent government we have. I was even applying for a visa to go get one in the US...

That's it. That's the tweet. I mean, the post.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

Do you know which shot you are getting? I got the Pfizer and the 2nd shot kicked my ass. I was extremely sick but it went away after a day and a half.

TJ likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Most certainly the astra zeneca. My parents got it a couple of months ago and they felt absolutely nothing. Then some of my 40-year old friends got it as well and it kicked their asses. I'll turn 39 tomorrow so I'm taking the whole day off from work to be sure.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

I decided to work from home the day after my second shot. Such a wise decision. It would have been difficult to drive home with how dizzy I was.

TJ likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I was just thinking about all the time I used to dedicate to fantasy football...from 1997 to 2018. I really think I'd have a phd by now. Maybe 2.