A new record for the site set today!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jun 24, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Holy Crap...

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hopefully some actually register and post.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I guess all the voting we're doing is actually doing some good...keep voting people....
    <standing alone atop a mountain, arms outstretched>"welcome people of the internet"....hehehe

5. I don't know how to say this with sounding like an butthole but thats all spiders crawling the forum....at least thats what the active users window is saying....you may have to find a mod that limits the number of spiders or at least particular spiders from crawling toooo much and slowing the site down.....don't get pissed at me dad....just sayin....

6. SRW

I just noticed we also finally got listed on the top 100 football sites website...we are currently #68

[​IMG]

How do we get higher? This is from the site:

So people...want to help the site climb more? Then use this button: [​IMG] to submit threads and links to social bookmarking sites. The index bots are doing their part on getting the word out about the site, let's all start pitching in!

Not a bad thing at all actually.....they crawl the site and give us more chances to come up on searches.

7. NinerCapHell

NinerCapHell Pretty fuckin' random

Spiders are good, they make you more visible on google.

8. SRW

Right now our Google Page Rank is 4. Our Alexa traffic ranking is 648,679, which is up 213% in the last three months. We also have gone up 710,407 spots in our traffic ranking in the last three months.

Why didn't I go with vBulletin sooner???

9. NinerCapHell

NinerCapHell Pretty fuckin' random

The 160 it costs?

10. RaiderHater

RaiderHater Guest

lol...

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Damn...and I was still asleep at the time. Too bad I missed it :oops:

Good job, guys.

12. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I missed it. :( :(

13. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I like how you can now only read the first post of a thread without being signed in. That being said, I think we should kick it up a notch. Is there a way to make it so you can only read the first sentence of the first post? That would force folks to at the very least to sign in. The "Latest NFL Headlines" forum always has like 30 viewing and only 2 registered users. There's a lot of great info but little discussion. Make those news leaches join the party.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

How about the first...three...words of the first sentence of the first paragraph of the first post in a thread? REALLY pique their curiousity...

15. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

1 Member......74 guests at the moment.

16. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

6 members and 67 guests right now.

17. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Good stuff, I said a few weeks back the move to vB has really helped this forum take a step forward. Wait until the football season!