New Option Added: "Show Signature only once"

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jun 24, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I installed a new feature on the site called Show Signature only once. What does it do? Basically what it does is allow each member to have the option of only seeing members signatures once per page. This mod will be especially useful for:

• Those that use dialup
    • Those that have their settings to view more than the standard amount of posts per page
    • Those that post in the gameday threads
    • Those that still want to see and enjoy other members signatures, but would rather not see them every single time a member posts multiple times in a thread.

You can turn this option on or off in the UserCP-->Edit Options-->Thread Display Options, it's down at the bottom of that section. If you leave it to "off" you'll see all sigs every time a member posts. If you turn it on, you'll only see their signature once per page in a thread.

Let us know if you have any questions or problems !

2. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

There's people that still use dial ups? [smilie=icon_eek.gi:

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

*Cough* Bandi *Cough* she had over 20,000 posts at one time on dial up and with that crap called phpbb, chickie was a posting maniac!!!

4. SRW

And 800 x 600 resolution too...:shock:

5. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

[smilie=dialupsucks:

6. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I was just thinking about that smilie when I heard about this...

7. Ronin 49er

Ronin 49er EyeInTheSkyDontLie

Hey I tried this and it doesn't work for me. I still see multiple sigs. I selected 'yes' in the settings and saved it but it's the same.

8. SRW

I'll look into it when I get home.

9. Ronin 49er

Your the man!

10. Rush

Rush Dexter > All

Good crap, this place is always getting better

11. SRW

There we go.....it was an issue with the wrong information being put in a field in the ACP. Give it a shot now!

FYI...if you use quick reply to post you will see your sig again. Just refresh to not see your sig again on your second post in the thread.

12. Ronin 49er

Very cool feature. [smilie=cool.gif]