Bears Release Tank Johnson

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Wolv, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Zach49ers

Zach49ers Here 4 sweets's Smutties

lets sign him

CHAMPIONSHIIP!

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I am suggesting that because I think he is bound to screw up again, I never said he will screw up. I'm not saying from the things he's done as of now, should get him suspended for the season. I am saying I think he will screw up again and get himself in enough trouble for a possible banning for the season. There's still some time for him to screw up before the start of the season, especially since he's not playing the 1st 8 games. That's my opinion Walnuts, you have your opinions and I have mine.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Really? You didn't say any of that? And it's an opinion?

That doesn't sound like someone stating their "opinion". That sounds like you saying what WILL happen.

4. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Well okay, looks like I typed it wrong. I meant it as an opinion though.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well if I got into trouble and knew that my job depending on me watching all my steps, then I wouldn't be driving 40 in a 25 zone. When you know that everything you do is under a microscope why give anyone ammunition to nail you again. Wtf is he doing out at 3:30am anyway especially when he knows that he's under full blown watch.

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

From ProFootballTalk.com:

Looks like he was already warned back in December that there was going to be a zero-tolerance policy on him and he blew it.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Who said anything about murder, just saying Goodell would have cleaned the White House up and Irvin and his drug problem would have been sitting out a few games. Tank didn't murder anyone, neither did PacMan.

8. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

no he just did drugs...a lot of drugs..

well I for one am greatly disapointed in Tank,I stood up for him on forums and gave him a second chance.When the NFL gave him a 8 week band I throught he would have cleaned up his act a little.I think there must be more to this traffic story or Da Bears to just drop him like a ton of bricks.

Its a sad day..Da Bears lose yet another Defence player and a good Defence loses a team...Tanks next team?Raiders spring to mind

9. Tracker

Tracker BPA

If he was just popped for a 40 in a 25 and his blood work comes back negative for intoxicants the Bears just hecked up big time. If he was drunk or on something good for them.

The same thing happened with Antonio Bryant. Nolan laid out what was expected of him, he hecked up and Nolan showed his butt the door.

Good move or bad, I think Chicago should have waited for the test results to be made public. The guy is suspended for like 8 games, it is not like they did not have time or anything to lose.

10. Bearsfan6272

Bearsfan6272 EVIL GENIUS

It's too bad. Tank had it coming though. Why do I feel a posse was involved? These players need to stop running with their entourages and man up to the responsibilities that go along with being a professional football player.

11. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

The Bengals can't. They wouldn't have enough players left on their roster.

12. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Tank should be suspended for the season.

13. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

His NFL career is over. Pac-man next me think.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Just a thought I had.

Given Tank's love of guns, how would you have liked to have been the police officer who pulled him over in Arizona on the DUI charge?

I think I would have been just a little bit nervous.

15. FBJunkie

FBJunkie Starter

The Bears are now another team making a staement - that players continuously getting in trouble with the law will face consequences from both the legal system and the team they play for. Good on you Angelo.

16. RampageX

RampageX Special Teamer

Supposedly the Bills are interested in Tank, lol.

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

PFT reported yesterday that the Cowboys are interested as well...

I'm not sure what I think of that...will get back to you IF the Cowboys DO sign him :S.

18. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

he'll land somewhere this season

19. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Also the Saints.

20. RampageX

RampageX Special Teamer

Tank can play, but his baggage hinders him.