What do people think of the new site logo?

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jun 30, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think it looks great the way it is now.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I like the logo. Do away with the gray border maybe? Or make it a gray fade...overall though its good.

Whats the deal with the NFL? Is there any chance they will let you use official logos, etc. at any point in the future, or are they just putting their foot down, period?

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well Nuts did you read the letter that Steve put up? http://gridironfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31582 The NFL isn't going to "let" us use anything with their trademark or copyright material unless we want to pay thousands of dollars and since we don't make money or charge a fee to our members we won't be using them...yes the bigfoot of the NFL has official stomped us, period.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i like the background and the logo now

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ok edited again....thoughts?

6. Rush

Rush Dexter > All

I like it, however I don't like that you put "All 32 teams" that means, Lions fans might actually try to have input on certain topics. Is there a vbulletin hack to block all of them?

7. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Looks great!

8. RampageX

RampageX Special Teamer

It freaking blows.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

^^^^^^ bwahahahahahahaha

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but what about the "favorite teams" bit, and everyones sigs?

Oh and the logo looks good, except I'm still not feeling the gray border. Overall though, thumbs up!

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

As of right now, we're ok with those according to the lawyer...it's a wait and see thingy right now.

12. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

like it.....you guys have done a great job.

13. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I don't like the grey and read coloring of the football. I like those colors but I don't like the texture they've been given. It looks pixelated or almost like shag carpet. Does that make sense? I would try a solid color scheme. Make it look all web 2.0 and whatnot.

I like the new font.

I like the slogan "100% Uncut, 100% Uncensored football forums".

I don't care for the heading "Discuss all 32 teams without worrying what you say". I don't like the "without worrying what you say" part the most. It's just not worded the best. It doesn't capture the true essence of GIF. I think it sounds like a little like a kiddie forum. It'll encourage a bunch of weak butt 15 year old Jim Rome wannabes to come in here and add such valuable football insight such as "you suck" and "you're gay".
    KISS-Keep it simple sir. What do you do and how do you do it? The answer is Football news and discussion that is uncensored. So let's find a way to say that in a cool way without using the words "uncut" and "uncensored" because they're already in the slogan.

Here's some I came up with:
    • No rules. Know football.
    • No Rules. Know Football. No wimps.
    • Unrestricted and unlimited football talk.
    • Unrestricted discussion of all the latest football news.
    • Unrestricted discussion and complete daily coverage of all the latest football news.
    • Talk football here.
    • Complete Buffalo Bills coverage and stuff about them other teams too.
    I really am leaning towards the last one personally. Let me know your thoughts please.

14. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

they've done a good job with it

15. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Good post (lol at the last bit). I think it's a fair point about the motto on the side. What I don't like is it is a little long winded and needs to be more snappy. Also, with having a college forum and other sports and extra forums it's not 100% accurate (although I know the NFL is the main focus here).

Here's some of my suggestions (how about a GIF motto competition!?)
    [*] No Limits Football Talk
    [*] All The News, All The Views
    [*] Uncut Football News and Views
    [*] The Place To Talk Football
    [*] The Latest News, The Latest Views.
    [*] The Place To Share or Football Opinions

16. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

This one is fine but me too...
    [smilie=2cents.gif]

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That was for the 1st edition

18. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Doesn't change anything. :cool:

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I know the logo is a bit pixelated. It wasn't in an effort to have a rough look, it's that I suck at photoshop. I plan on bouncing it over to someone who will "clean it up" and give it a crisp look.

I do like the idea of changing the other text. I want to keep some semblance of "100% Uncut, 100% Uncensored Football Forums" since it's been our slogan from day one. I am however open for suggestions on the other text. I do like some of the suggestions given so far like:

• No Rules. Know Football. No wimps. (we do have some rules, so maybe a different word?)
    • Unrestricted discussion and complete daily coverage of all the latest football news.
    • Uncut Football News and Views
    • No Limits Football Talk

20. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

Instead of rules..put restrictions..so No Restrictions..Know Football..No Wimps