Underrated QB's

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TDJets72027, Jul 2, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

What are the undrrated QB's of the NFL?

2. BallerXZ

BallerXZ Undisputed Champ

Tavaris Jackson, the brother reppin' on the Minnesota Vikings and Jason Campbell, the brother reppin' on the Washington Redskins.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Damon Huard, KC Chiefs QB Huard posted an 11-to-1 touchdowns-to-interceptions ratio and a 98.0 quarterback rating in relief of the injured Trent Green.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

JP Losman. I think he'll have a very good year.

5. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Both totally unproven at this point. for me, an underrated QB is a guy like Marc Bulger who consistently puts up big numbers but doesn't get the plaudits of the top QB's in the league.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Good call.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I have my moments where I totally SHINE!!!! Who says chicks don't know football????

8. TDJets72027

Alex Smith, and Damon Huard, are also underrated.

Damon Huard:At least he led the Chiefs to wins
    Alex Smith:Whoever labeled him as a bust, needs to be in a mental hospital.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, tell them to come and get me!!!

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

While I won't call him a bust at this point, how can you say that those that did deserve to be in a mental hospital? 17 TDs, 27 INTs so far...

He still needs to prove himself to the naysayers.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

totally true Dawk!!!

12. TDJets72027

When he leads the Niners to a division title, he will

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Key word should be..."if"

14. BallerXZ

That is bull, last season I saw Jason Campbell play in their game last season against my Saints. He came in and managed the game intelligently and efficiently and scrambled well whenever necessary. He frustrated the hell out of the Saints and ended up winning the game.

And Tavaris should be given a damn chance soon, I mean Brad Johnson's gettin' them nowhere.

15. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

Can we do over rated QB's now?

16. BallerXZ

Hey, that's a good idea....

17. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I wouldn't call Smith underated. He threw 16 TD's and 16INT's. He's mediocre, nothing special at the moment, IMO.

He can't get them anywhere now, he's a Dallas Cowboy.

18. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I still think you're confusing underrated with unproven. I sure hope JC can become the Redskins QB for years to come but after 7 starts he still has a long way to go. When he shows he can be consistent, get better with the short passing game and the times when the running game doesn't work so well, he carries the offense, I'll believe he's proven.

You seen Campbell versus the saints, I watched Campbell most of his way through college and all his starts and pre-season games for the Skins. I've liked most of what I seen of him but I couldn't call him underrated as it still needs more starts to see where he is 'rated' in the first place.

19. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Huh? Last year was really the first year Bulger put up big numbers without big INT totals (Had a 3/1 TD/INT ratio last year, compared to his usual rate of about 1.5/1), and as a result, most people rank him as the 6th or so best QB in the NFL (Can he really be put ahead of Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and/or Donovan McNabb at this point?).

In my opinion the most underrated and overscrutinized QB in the NFL is Rex Grossman. Was he abysmal at times? Yes, but when one realizes that last year was his first full year as a starter, it becomes a little more understandable. At his peak, he played at the level of the elite QBs in the NFL. If he can simply cut down on the mistakes and catastrophically bad performances (Greg Olsen will help a lot with that), he could be among the league's best QBs.

20. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Bulger has a career passer rating of 91.3, enough to place him 5th all time! I'm certainly not calling him the 5th best Q of all time or even the 5th best QB in the league now but it's hardly shabby and it's not something you would automatically think about him, hence why I think he's underrated. For me, he sits below the upper echelon of NFL QB's but is still a guy 50% (maybe more, depends on their situation) of teams would take in a heartbeat

The problem with this discussion is the word underrated is subjective and people hold the standard they see as underrated at different levels.

For me, I just don't see how any QB with only a few starts can be deemed underrated and I don't see how guys who are plain inconsistent at best, like Grossman, can be argued for.