Chad Pennington or Eli Manning?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TDJets72027, Jul 1, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I say Chad Pennington.

2. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Why am I not surprised?

Interesting question though, Pennington is a pretty good (not really good) QB but has had health issues all his career and even if he stays healthy all next year, it will still be an issue for many with him.

Manning I do think has more talent and potential, but a combination of inconsistency and high expectations have played their part in that potential not being forfilled. With the Giants talisman now on TV rather than the football field, Manning faces a make or break season that is going to be very tricky.

To try and answer the question, I'll sit on the fence a little. I think I'd take Manning if I was building a team and only had those two to choose between but if I was choosing the guy with the better situation, I think I'd take Pennington.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Elisa Manning sucks. Yeah...Pennington may be better, but that's not saying a lot...

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

Pennington all the way..Eli just whines like a girl

5. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

They both suck

6. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Mr. breackable shoulders or The underachiving crybaby?
    Tough choice...

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

For one game right now, Pennington.
    For the future, Manning.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Future? The hecker is in his 4th year...her old brother had already developed a choker fame by his 4th year...this little girl has only one play-off loss so far. How much more time does she need? :roll:

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I just meant that if I had to choose a player for one game it would be Chad. If I had to have one of the two of them as the future of the franchise it would be Eli because of his age and Pennington's injury worries.

10. BoltsFanUK

I know..he just sucks completly

11. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

#10.

Oh, wait. They're both #10. Screw.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

SHE, BFK...SHE sucks completely. Elisa is a little whiny girl...

13. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Manning.its simple, younger and hasn't had surgery on anything yet. that right there gives you a better chance to be successful.

14. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Pennington - But both stink

15. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Neither, they both suck

16. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

The whole "If Pennington stays healthy" issue is not as relevant as you make it sound... I remember 2005 season sucking for him, even healthy. I mean, no 1st string QB should drop so many snaps from the titular Center in one game.

But hey, at least he doesn't cry to daddy when they make him do something he doesn't want to do, like say... playing football?

17. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

To me this is a toss up. eli is a better qb than pennington, but he is good during the first half of the season then he chokes during the second half of the season and doesnt have tiki anymore so look for teams to look for pass first. chad well the guy did good last year without having much of a supporting cast. So for now i would have to go with pennington until eli can show me he can be consistant the whole season.

18. BoltsFanUK

Eli hasn't got Tiki to fall back on this year but Pennington now has Thomas Jones

Opps

19. Stockers

Stockers Duck Fuke

Kyle Boller! :D

I'd take Manning of the two because his shoulder isn't completely fubared! Manning has won a division title in his second year and can still become a solid QB in the NFL, he'll never be a top tier QB and I never thought he would be. Last year was a definite step back but I don't see it as being an absolute step back that'll leave him as a below average QB for eternity.

Pennington came back well from his injury last year and I didn't expect him to, but one bad shot, heck simply too much work through that shoulder and he's done. I wouldn't want that sort of a liability at QB for my squad.

20. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

What a surprise....I'd like a third option :lol: