SI Ranks NFL Owners

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by wide right, Jul 3, 2007.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Sports Illustrated ranks all 32 NFL owners.

Full article:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/06/27/ownerrankings/index.html

1. Robert Kraft (Jonathan Kraft), Patriots
    2. Jerry Jones (Stephen Jones), Cowboys
    3. Jerry Richardson (Mark Richardson), Panthers
    4. Bryan, Joel and Ed Glazer, Buccaneers
    5. Daniel Snyder, Redskins
    6. Jeffrey Lurie, Eagles
    7. Bob McNair, Texans
    8. Wayne Huizenga, Dolphins
    9. Dan Rooney (Art Rooney II), Steelers
    10. Pat Bowlen, Broncos
    11. Jimmy Irsay, Colts
    12. Paul Allen, Seahawks
    13. Steve Bisciotti, Ravens
    14. John Mara/Jonathan Tisch, Giants
    15. Clark Hunt, Chiefs
    16. Bob Harlan/Green Bay Packers Inc.
    17. Woody Johnson, Jets
    18. Bud Adams, Titans
    19. Arthur Blank, Falcons
    20. Al Davis, Raiders
    21. Georgia Frontiere (John Shaw), Rams
    22. Randy Lerner, Browns
    23. Zygi Wilf, Vikings
    24. Alex Spanos (Dean Spanos), Chargers
    25. Denise DeBartolo York and John York, 49ers
    26. Michael McCaskey, Bears
    27. Bill Bidwill (Michael Bidwill), Cardinals
    28. Wayne Weaver, Jaguars
    29. William Clay Ford (Bill Ford Jr.), Lions
    30. Ralph Wilson, Bills
    31. Tom Benson, Saints
    32. Mike Brown, Bengals

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Owners are so hard to rate because it matters how one feels about their control over the team and stepping into making moves as if they know what is a true good move based on players and contracts.

The good owners are the ones that know that the people they put in charge of the team are the ones that know more than you.

The list doesn't seem bad though.

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

solid list i thought they would rate ole al lower anymore because of the decsions he makes anymore

4. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Bidwill should be last! As log as he's owner, the Cards will always be a failure!

5. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

25. Denise DeBartolo York and John York, 49ers

looks about right...

6. TDJets72027

John York is lucky the Niners are a good team

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

A good team? :shock:

8. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Al Davis should be last, talk about a guy living in the past......

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

If the 49ers are a good team, wonder what that makes the Redskins. Great?

JERRUH! JERRUH Representing :).

10. TDJets72027

Yes.:D

11. nastynate184

would you care to explain why you think that?

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well we did bring in better secondary help and our defensive line is a lot better...our QB is now in his 3rd year and he's making less mistakes, hopefully the WR that we got are going to turn the team around and we have been getting "better" each year, our Oline I think this year will be a lot better..so yeah damn it, they're a good team, not great not winning the SB but good.

And York did actually spend some serious cash, something that he's never done.

13. nastynate184

that is as good an explanation as i have ever heard

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

imo this is about right jj is a good owneer but me thinks I has killed us on the past as a gm good thing this is a pwners list

15. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

suprised me as well... definitely pulling his weight on oakland's decisions... and look where they are.

16. nastynate184

on the verge of being decent again:D

17. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

i would have to disagree on tom benson(saints) being 31. The saints have all there winning season under him in charge. He has always tried to put the right people in charge.

18. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I think his ranking has little to do with the last season. Any relative, minor success this team has had over the years has been in spite of Benson, not because of him. Has no loyalty to the fanbase of NO and has been looking for any excuse he can find for years to get that team out of there and into his home town of San Antonio. Katrina and the team's resurgence last season only ruined his plans.

19. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

actually in the mid 80's he bought the team to keep them from leaving the big easy.soon after he bought the team he hired jim finks which he put together the dome partol. finks died and benson had trouble finding a gm that actually was worth something. after the 3-13 year in 99 he clean house. actually benson is from new orleans and that was just spectulation by the media that he was going to move the team to San Antonio. Benson still has a lease with the super dome which the state of louisiana pay him big bucks to stay.

20. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Benson has his faults. And PR isn't his strong suit. But he did step up to the plate when the fans needed someone to keep the Saints in NO. Then he realized there is big money in the NFL. He paid 80 million for the Saints and it is now worth over 600 million. Nice investment. As far as the fan base, you would be hard pressed to find more loyal fans than Saints fans. Most teams has had success and all, makes it more easier to attract fans. It takes a real football fan to love a loser which is what the Saints used to be. Benson should be in the lower half but not at 31.