Five Teams That Could Break Through In 2007

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Chrisbob, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Some one else buys the Lions as a team that could do well in 2007. This guy must have read my blog piece about why they have a chance in 2007:p

Source: Don Pierson, MSNBC

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Aren't the Cards listed there every single year?

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

<<< Buys the Cards this years as well. Might blog about that next:)

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

When will we learn? :roll:

5. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They were 4-12 last year, but were only a year removed from 11-5. They went from first to worst in the NFC West, passing the Saints on the way down..........

damn straight

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Fack off! Its the Cardinals every year like TJ said one of these years their going to get it right but not this year depending upon what he means by 'break through' of course.

The only teams on that list I see breaking through are the Dolphins and Redskins. Dolphins have a great D just need some offensive production from a solid O. The Redskins have Clinton Portis need I say more? They could have a huge season if that sad sack Jason Campbell has a big year.

7. nastynate184

yea if portis dosen't get injured in the preseason again

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

lol... Didnt you hear? Somebody tampered with his equipment making him extremely vulnerable to a serious injury.

9. nastynate184

Damn I wish they wold do the same crap the Tom Brady

10. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

1) Id like to see some more reasoning behind the bucs making a breakthrough
    2) The Dolphins? because of Green lol hell no. That man is about three hits from being dead. :twisted:
    3) I actually could see the Cardinals making a break through this year. Not super likely, but I'd buy it.
    4) Perhaps the Redskins have a shot... I thought they did last year and look what they came back with...
    5) I dont think being in bad division is necessarily a reason for a team breaking through anyone of those teams could step up in fact, they should all be on the list with the Lions.

11. nastynate184

well they were decimated by injuries last year.. so if they can stay healthy this year that should help alot. Garicia is not a great qb but he is a solid stop gap solution for this year and has had some success in other systems. Gurden is good at using solid stop gap veteran qb's that can excell in the west coast offense. so if he can get the ball out to clayton and galloway that will open up holes for the caddallic to run back through this year. thier defense while getting old is still solid and should not ruin too many games for them.

12. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

These statements scare me... but they probably have as good of a chance as anyone else on the list.

13. Stockers

Stockers Duck Fuke

1) Sell the Bucs - Still don't like that offense, don't see the D getting back to where it was.
    2) Sell the Phish - Very unstable team IMO and will lean too heavily on Ronnie Brown again.
    3) Sell the Cards - They just suck, when will everyone learn?
    4) Buy the Skins all day long - Not sure why, I just do, I see the G-Men slipping down the foot of the NFC East and the Skins may pass the Iggs too for my money. In the NFC they have a shot, defo.
    5) Buy the Lions - I do every year and will do every year until they succeed. The year I don't buy them to turn it around is the year they turn it around. :D

No surprise that four of the five are in the NFC, because it still sucks and one or two players can shift you a long way up the pecking order for a playoff spot.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Not to mention Garcia has a lot to prove this year and he's pissed that the Eagles dumped him, and Gruden knows how to use Garcia even thinking about using the shotgun to him his mobility. What also helps is that Cadillac is fully healthy. I don't see the D as being that bad this year either.

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i say the fins..........

there d stopped the pats and bears last year well the bears o wasnt all that but if thye can get the offense going and that d can keep doing what it did last year i thinkmthey will be good and which o doesnt lean on there rb

16. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

the only team i buy are the phins. with the addition of joey potter their defense got a whole lot better. i believe trent green has a couple years left so i recon he will be a difference maker for that offense

17. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

I buy the Bucs for one reason: NEVER go against the established trend. Established trend of the NFC South: The last place team of the previous season wins the division in the next season.

Of course, no trend lasts forever, so this could end up looking very stupid.

18. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

I stopped reading when the article said the bucs were in the NFC WEST

19. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

You mean they're not? :lol: Yeah, I could see the Bucs breaking through, maybe the Dolphins...I'm not buying the Cards anymore.

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

no me either the cards are picked every year so if they kep this up they will eventauly be right