Most underrated RB?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TDJets72027, Jul 10, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Who is the most underrated RB of the league?

2. BallerXZ

BallerXZ Undisputed Champ

I say MoJo-Drew with the Jaguars, right now he splits carries with Fred Taylor, who when is given the full rushing load, will be a fan favorite and a major threat with his stout power and speed, he will be tough to stop.

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

For some reason Thomas Jones seems to get no respect. The Bears practically gift wrapped him to the Jets. For 2 years all they wanted was Benson to play yet all Jones did in that time was put up great numbers.

4. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Travis Henry

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Until he makes the Pro Bowl, I'll say Brian Westbrook.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Drew isnt underrated everybody on message boards loves him and all my football buddys talk about him, same with the media. Most people know what he can do, I knew what he could do coming out of UCLA and he is doing just that in the NFL.

If there is any underrated running back than id say it is Ladell Betts, he quietly rushed for over a 1000 yards last season.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Most underrated RB, Michael Vick :p

8. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Well in all actuality it's probably the guy that lines up behind him at scrimmage.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

No, it's Vick, he has better stats as a RB, he's fast as heck and not many DBs can catch him...he's the Underrated RB and the Overrated QB..

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I dont understand how hes an underrated RB, every week you hear about what he can do with his legs and what he can do when the pocket breaks down. Thats what most of these "experts" see him as, a RB...

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Thomas Jones

12. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Awesome!:)

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well because he's classified as a QB...lol, they may see him as a RB but he's a QB, technically speaking that is.

14. BallerXZ

I knew what MoJo had the chance to be good in the NFL when I'd seen him at UCLA too. But as always, he would be undermined by his lack of height like Ryan Moats, Darren Sproles, and Cory Ross before him. So the short guys are always underrated because of their lack of height because those guys were all good too comin' outta college.

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Michael Turner...because he's LT's backup.

16. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Again, like I said in the QB thread, too much of an unknown at this point. he looked fantastic last season and I do think he'll become a top player for years to come but can he carry the load on his own?

This was the name that came to me when I spotted this thread. jones isn't dynamic but he's helped make the Bears rushing attack a force the past few years and kept Cedric Benson in his shadow.

I'd give Rudi Johnson a shout too, again, not a flashy runner but a workhorse who has rattled off 36 rushing TD's and 4200 yards in the past three seasons.

17. happ

happ PECAVI

I would go with Thomas Jones as well. For my team, Jerious Norwood will be a force if he ever gets on the field more than 10 snaps a game. I think the new coaching staff will see that it happens.

18. BallerXZ

I hate it when people ask about if a guy can "carry the load", I mean from what I've seen he is tough enough to "carry the load", he probably won't need to for a while, because of Fred Taylor's presence, that doesn't mean that he can't "carry the load". How is it any than if a RB is comin' out of college and carries the load his first season in, whenever that day comes for the Jags...

So I guess since Westbrook with the Eagles has done a few fantastic things in his career, but doesn't "carry the load" without a little help, he is an unknown, and probably really won't be depended on with Tony Hunt and Nate Ilaoa being drafted. I guess these guys will just split carries among each other until the coach's liking with no credence established between the running backs, but then I guess that same damn question will come up, "can he carry the load on his own?" What a cop-out.

19. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

I have to agree, living in the shadow of LT is giving him hell, I see him as a great RB who would shine elsewhere.

20. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Rudi Johnson for me - great workhorse back and with all the trouble at the bengals he goes unnoticed