Should the Cowboys Try and Trade For

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Asante Samuels we could offer the pats Anthony henry along with i say a second round pick next year. we have the cap space to give a better contract than the pats are willing to give

2. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Whatever makes the boys worse I'm so for it.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Anthony Henry? lol.

Do you think Jones is prepared to offer Nate Clements/Champ Bailey type money? Because that's what Samuels is after.

4. Omen

i think jj likes to make big spalshes he wouldnt shy away from it

anthony H isnt tha bad he just gets picked on bc t new takes care of biz plus dudes being hurt most of last yr

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Well Samuels is acutally better than Nate Clements lol. I wouldnt be opposed to see Jerruh making a deal like that happen and its not like Pats wouldnt do it either. Im pretty sure they'd be all over that. Lower the draft pick to a 3rd or 4th though.

6. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Stop that

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I know all you Niner fans hate to hear that but he is, watch some tape on the two and you'll come to the same conclusion.

8. Omen

i think the pats would do it bc of there philoshophy of not caving in to players wants

9. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Oh no I'm not doubting you.:(

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You're loony. Samuels is in no way shape or form better than Clements, other than statistically for one season. One season. Samuels benefited ridiculously from the front 7 NE puts out on the field, while Clements has consistently played very well behind a horrible Buffalo defensive line, and for a good part of his career, bad LB's as well. I know Buffalo had a great LB corps for a while, but not for his whole career. Clements is a more physical corner, able to run and bang with guys like Boldin, Fitz and Holt, and is a factor in the run game as well. He's more fluid, better at both diagnosing and reacting to plays, and is well-liked by his teammates and a positive influence in the locker room. He is probably overpaid, but you can expect that to happen more and more with the reasing of the salary cap, and he is not overpaid as Samuels would be for comparable money.

11. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Holy crap that was a good post.

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Clements is a good corner, very good, but I dont even consider him "great", and nowhere near the elite corners in the game. I remember two years ago when Chris Chambers torched him for over 200 yards and 3 TDs in a single game. People give Fred Smoot grief for getting smoked by Steve Smith, and rightly so, but Clements got toasted even worse. Clements definately has trouble with the deep ball and its not even about the front 7 in this case, you can take Newman for comparison and the cowboys crapty butt pass rush over the past few years but you rarely see him getting roasted (excluding his rookie season).

The 49ers sure do like overpaying for players from Buffalo. Remember Jonas Jennings... How'd he work out??? Sure, they've got the room for him right now.... but it'll be interesting to see how the Clements contract affects them 3-4 years down the road, when it comes time to re-sign key players guys like Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, etc., and Clements is taking up one tenth of the team's entire salary cap.

I couldn't imagine if Asante Samuel had hit the market, he was the better option. He has been the superior player the past two years, as well as the younger player. As most would agree.

13. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Watch this space a big name player on the market and the skins are yet to offer up all next years draft picks - it'll happen soon :lol:

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

lol so true.

15. RedskinsNo.1

I know its true and thats what worries me

16. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

^ That Synder for you.

17. RedskinsNo.1

Yea tell me about it