Most underrated TE

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TDJets72027, Jul 10, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Who is the most underrated TE

2. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Tony Gonzalez :p (yes I'm just kidding...)

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Chris Cooley. At last, the chance to be a homer:p

Cooley has improved his blocking but his most under appreciated skill is his run after the catch ability. It's not his moves, he's just a load to bring down. In a division full of good TE's (Smith, Witten, Shockey) he doesn't get a lot of props.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You're certainly not being a homer, CB. Cooley makes a lot of plays that frustrate the rest of the division.

5. happ

happ PECAVI

I like Cooley as well. The next one that comes to mind would be McMichael.

6. Stockers

Stockers Duck Fuke

What for being completely and utterly rubbish? If there was a stat for blocking he'd be rock bottom, possibly the worst tight end for blocking in the NFL and unlike others his receiving isn't that great that it makes up for that massive short coming in his blocking.

7. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

I wouldn't call him underrated, he is well respected by other teams. Heck, I've even read so-called experts name him better than some of the best.

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Eric Johnson now with New Orleans. He had an injury plagued season last year in SF but prior to that he always put up decent numbers. His move to NO didn't get a lot of pub. Drew Brees loves to throw to the the TE and this could be a big year for Johnson.

9. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

This is getting ridiculous.

Alge Crumpler or Todd Heap easily on this one.

10. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

How on earth is Todd Heap underrated? His numbers are well acknowledged! He is named in the same sentence as Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates!

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Jason wiitten some magazine had him reated at like 15

12. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Yes it is. Crumpler went the pro bowl last year but for me, drops too many passes. Heap is a 2 time pro bowler and arguably the best all round TE in the AFC.

From the AFC, Heath Miller of the Steelers is a fine all round player who becomes a big factor in the red zone for the steelers O.

13. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Where?

14. Stockers

Stockers Duck Fuke

I'm a Ravens fan and I wouldn't say Heap's the best all-round TE. I think Gonzo's the best All-round TE in the NFL, Heap's blocking was pretty poor by his standards last season.

I also wouldn't mention Heath Miller just yet. He's turned into a good redzone threat but for the other 80 yards of the field he always seems very absent to me.

15. denverobsession

denverobsession Starter

Tony Scheffler. With Jay Cutler behind center, he stands to get a HUGE boost in catches, yardage and TDs.

16. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

NFL.com. In one of the TE rankings, pre 2006 season, an article placed him fourth.

Let's just hope Shanahan lets him start :s

17. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Okay, that's not exactly putting him in the same spot as Gonzalez and Gates. They, like me, could feel there's a considerable dropoff after those two (well, to me, it's Gates, dropoff, Gonzalez, bigger dropoff, everyone else). Putting him at 4 could mean they thought:

1/2 Gates/Gonzo

3 Shockey?
    4 Heap

As for me, it would look like:

1 Gates

2 Gonzalez

3 Crumpler
    4 Winslow
    5 Heap
    6 Shockey

Isn't he out for the season?

18. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

He had 1 good year and thats it.

19. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

It was Crumpler, I believe... and I guess you are (kind of) right, but he still wouldn't be underrated, because he is mention in that spot, where he actually belongs. I mean, he is good, but not Tony Gonzalez good, so he is getting the credit he deserves.

20. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

From them, I agree, he's not being underrated, but NFL.com is not the only place that rates players.