Most Overrated QBs

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BallerXZ, Jul 9, 2007.

1. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

A little scary how often I'm agreeing with CB these days :)

2. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

HUMMM I have never seen that ran here....so...errrr....how can I answer this....errrr....Alex will always suck then.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

wow i thought i gave romo a hard time but you dudes ride alex smith prety hard

4. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

He's a freaking joke and this is his last year to prove himself.

5. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Damn right

6. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I am willing to give Alex Smith this year, but if he doesn't show great strides he needs to go.

7. Stockers

Stockers Duck Fuke

Nope. :D

8. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I didn't like the Smith pick in 2005. I thought Tim Rattay could get it done until we find a real good prospect (ie Matt Leinart).
    His 1st year conforted my opinion, obviously. But seeing him play last year, you could see the improvement.
    I'm not ready to jump in the Smith bandwagon yet but I feel much more confortable with him at the helm now than I was a year ago.

9. BallerXZ

BallerXZ Undisputed Champ

Well, what's the excuse for the guys that come in and are better than 1 TD and 11 INTs in their first year?

I think that Alex Smith is just the 49ers version of David Carr, with the "Just give him a few more years and experience" talk like Texans fans would do with Carr and now he's canned after a few years removed from being the #1 pick, everyone there was happy to see him go.

10. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

So you don't think Alex Smith is going to continue to improve??

11. BallerXZ

Well, he has a slightly better chance with the talent around him...but I don't see him makin' any of his teammates better as somes QBs do, that's why he had to go and start predicting games to get his team's respect.

12. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Well other than the Chiefs beating them last year 41-0, I really didn't pay attention to Niner games....well, then I seen the ending of the game where they knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs...that was awesome. :lol:

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

And for that, you should have the Niners as your favorite team until the season kickoff. :p

14. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

hes already got the teams respect he didnt say that to get there respect he earned it last year and this offseason the guy is a hard worker he knows he has to work harder then everyone else and he does he even beat everyone and set a course record in the Smith Course(winner each year gets the course named after them for a year)

last year Big Ben opened up 1 td 8 ints and in two games his first year he had a combined total of 7 ints he was also sacked about every 10 snaps and his recievers and Tes were absolute freaking garbage

15. NinerCapHell

NinerCapHell Pretty fuckin' random

Vick.

There is no debate.

16. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Vick Eli Manning and Hasselback

17. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Vick easily

18. BallerXZ

Big Ben also led the Steelers to a Super Bowl XL victory in his second year in the league, but I guess that's just filler for his career....

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Hmmm looks at Steelers team overall then looks at 49ers team overall in Smith's second year....no comparision..Baller stop with the "look Big Ben won his second year" he had a better overall team then the 49ers, and last time I cked your team has yet to sniff the League or conference championships.

On a side note, Rothlisberger's stats have been declining yearly so in essence he's getting worse not better..lol

20. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Vick, Matt Hasselbeck, Eli Manning, Delhomme