For the raiders fans(ouch)

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by misfitz, Jul 15, 2007.

?

Did the refs make the right call

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  3. unsure

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=RMMa7cZb2Jc"]YouTube - Raiders vs. Patriots Snow Bowl[/ame]

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm not a Raiders fan, and I voted NO.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Not a Raiders fan but the Raiders where screwed over in this game.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Talk about one of the lamest interpretations of a rule. This is a perfect example of a rule being thought out too much and taking away from the game. That to me will always be a fumble.

And I am NOT a Raiders fan at all....for some reason I feel the need to say that every time this comes up.

5. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Same here.

6. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Nope, that to me should be a fumble. And I'm also not a Raiders fan.

7. Ronin 49er

Ronin 49er EyeInTheSkyDontLie

I voted no too. Raiders should have closed this game out way before the tuck rule was awarded to the Pats. At the 3:00 mark in the vid, it refers to a critical moment in the game that many ignore. All the Raiders had to do is run out the clock but were stuffed by Brian Cox. They choked it off way before.

8. SRW

True dat yo. They needed to convert a 3rd and short to run the clock out and didn't convert.

9. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I wonder who voted yes? A Patsie fan?

10. JaMarcus#2

JaMarcus#2 Starter

Zack Crockett being unable to gain 1 yard is what cost us that game as it was the last play before the 2 minute warning.
    Also if the tuck rule play had happened 20 seconds earlier there would not have been a replay because the Pats were out of timeouts so could not have challenged the call on the field. The fact that it was inside the 2 minute warning meant that the challenge came from Paul Tagliabue, sorry I meant the replay official []conspiracy mode function off[/]. There was a TV timout after the fumble and only after that did the call come down to Walt Coleman to review the play.
    We got hosed. If you want to you can interpret the tuck rule so that every time a QB pump fakes it is impossible for him to fumble as his arm has already started forward. Ray Charles could see that Brady was not in a throwing motion when Woodson hit him, but looking for an open receiver after a pump fake, therefore it should be fumble.
    I'm not bitter though as I believe that we would have been humped by Pittsburgh if we had beaten New England.

11. SRW

Well....you have to wonder though.....is it poetic justice for the Patriots being robbed of a upset win in Oakland back in 1976? In the Divisional playoff game the Patriots had held the Raiders but a very questionable roughing the passer call extended the drive that resulted in the game winning score.

Bob George, BosSports.net

12. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I'm probably one of the biggest Raider-haters outside of the bay area and AFC West, and I still say they got jipped.

13. NinerCapHell

NinerCapHell Pretty fuckin' random

It was the right call. The rule sucks.

14. chief31

chief31 Chiefs monster

The refs made the right call. The rule was the mistake. The refs don't make the rules.

15. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

why you got to hurt me like that

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I am the biggest Raider-hater inside the bay area and the refs made the right call for that rule which btw is a stupid one but that's not the refs vault.

I VOTED YES.....THAT'S RIGHT...I DID IT!!!!!

17. chief31

chief31 Chiefs monster

Nah, don't be hurt. I say the Raiders got screwed, just not by the refs. They were screwed by a terrible rule.

18. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Agreed. :blob8:

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Fumble, voted NO

20. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I think it was the right call, the rule was crapty.