For all you ProFootballTalk.com haters...

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Jul 16, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

2. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Doesn't realfootball365 kind of make up a lot of crap also? (I think that's the site I'm thinking of anyway).

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Realfootball365 is such a hack site. A Buffalo Bills news site I frequent links to articles on there all the time and they are soooo far off. They truly represent the ol "don't believe everything you read on the internets."

Hey SRW,
    I don't understand this thread. Are there really people that think PFT isn't a good news source? They scoop the "big name" news sites constantly. He even points out on his site when other news sources "borrow" news from him. Here's an example. The fella who runs the site is a frequent radio guest on my favorite local sports station. After hearing some of his interviews I checked out his website and have been hooked ever since.
    If there really are PFT haters out there then you folks is just ignorant. Show me a better tip or inside scoop site. Maybe Pasquereli or Mortenson on ESPN but Florio does just as good if not better job than those guys. He's just not on tv so I guess he's not as credible in some people's eyes??

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yes to answer your question Wide, people at 49ers.com area always bashing PFT saying the guy is a loser and he's making stuff up, of course these are the very people that think Kwame Harris and Alex Smith are the greatest things since pooper scoopers.

Pasquarelli is a tad overrated, he makes things up too...lol Check his "scoop" about the feds saying that Vick is pretty much off the hook as far as the dog fighting thing is concerned and that's far from the truth.

5. SRW

Dawkins, Chrisbob....comment? :icon_mrgreen:

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I wish I could find an article from last year which showed he only was accurate in 3 of his last 11 articles or so about the Eagles.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm sure one of those 3 being, McNabb hurt again???:icon_thumright:

8. JaMarcus#2

JaMarcus#2 Starter

Zing :icon_cheesygrin:

9. SRW

I just find it funny how someone who is a joke in some people's eyes is constantly being quoted and many times not credited for his reports by more "credible" sources.

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Pastabelly needs to either shave his head or get some combover tips from the Trump.

11. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

He's got a rep for a reason, you have to admit. It depends how you view PFT - I view it as a rumours/tips site, not a genuine news site. The very fact he'll opine in a so called news story or add his own spin on it instead of dealing with the facts is what annoys me at times.

I think he is getting more trust and has improved his sources, but for every scoop there is an item of BS and that alone won't have me taking it serious as a proper news site, but I do think it has it's place in the world of football places to visit on the internet.

12. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Can you recommend a better rumor site or is that a trade secret?

Who's better than this guy ESPN, Fox, some blog writer? I'm a news junkie and am always looking for good columns to read.

13. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Lets all head over to PFT headquarters and protest

14. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

I think it's worth reading, but some of the things he's posted... I just wonder. But Florio admits it himself. He's had some major screw-ups.

I don't like his style that much, though. Referring to himself as "we" and "us", refusing to call things by their names (like the Internet), PFT headquarters, poobah, yadda, yadda, yadda.
    But that's not the substance, just a few annoying fringe things. The substance is worth reading and I've read the site for years (4, I think). Everything Florio posts in the rumor mill, I read.