Should Mike Vick be suspended?

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by TDJets72027, Jul 18, 2007.

?

Should Vick be suspended?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    76.3%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

that's a really classy move on his part

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Isn't Vick the NFL poster child for C L A S S????

:sarcasm1:

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

he'd already be suspended if the dog fights been held in a strip joint

4. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

Screw yes! They have suspended for much less than that!

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Should he be suspended? Yes. Will he be suspended? IMO, he will not be suspended by the NFL or the Falcons unless they get hit in their collective wallets. The Falcons probably won't do anything unless season ticket holders decide not to renew their season tickets, and the NFL probably won't do anything unless sponsors pull out of sponsoring games.

I'm not saying that's right. I'm just saying that's the reality of the world we live in.

I'm afraid that any punishment Vick gets will come from the legal system, and we all know that Vick has enough money to hire the best lawyers around.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He has to be reprimanded if only so that Goodell doesn't come across as a total butthole and the laughing stock of the whole league.

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

or if he had a compound where he trained strippers to fight each other to the death

8. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

either way, the damage to Vick has been done. He will not recover from this. Next thing you know he'll be signing dog bones "I'm sorry I raised dogs to fight to the death"

9. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Look out Palmer, there's another QB in town! :icon_mrgreen:

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

dude...I told you to keep that one between us...

---rushes home to let the strippers out of their kennels and burn the place to the ground---

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm a little bit disturbed about this world we live in.

Has anyone here poked around on the Web and read some of the blog posts about this topic? Some people are trying to make this a racial issue, and some others are going around saying, "What's the big deal? They're just dogs."

I just don't get it.

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wait until it comes out that some of the dogs are black! :shock:

Where's Rev Al, where's Jessie??

13. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

thats how you know Vick is hecked even Rev Al or Jessie arnt coming to his defense

14. DawkinsINT

They should at least come to the defense of the black dogs!!

15. misfitz

i say that if all the dogs were white then he should be charged with a hate crime!

16. DawkinsINT

I say if all the dogs were white, the dogs should be charged with hate crimes!

17. seanq

seanq Starter

I think he should be suspended from all team activities and preseason games. This will give his team and the league a chance to review the case against him, and will reduce the media circus at the Falcons training camp and such. If their is any substance to the case against him, he should be suspended for at least 4 games.

If found guilty to any extent, he should be suspended for either the rest of the year or for next year, depending on when the sentence is handed down. Beyond that, I like the suggestion someone made earlier in the thread - his total suspension should at least equal his total jail sentence, to be imposed _after_ he is released. That could serve as a good benchmark for future criminal infractions, where the league imposes suspensions 1-3x the length of jail time, to be applied after the player is release, during the season.

18. misfitz

well they already set the precedent with pacman so he has to be suspended

19. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

What would Rodney King say about those Beatings those dogs were getting. Haven't we learned anything from what happened Can't we all just get along.

20. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES