We need more diversity!

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by brakos82, Jul 21, 2007.

1. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of fans that stay here come from the same 3 or 4 teams.

We should try to get other fans involved, such as Panthers, Rams, Browns, Bengals, Dolphins, Jaguars, etc.

2. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Screw the Rams.... Nah, I agree with you.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I totally agree too but anytime we have tried to have a recruitment contest it's been completely ignored.

Any thoughts on how to get those fans here?

4. brakos82

Advertising? :dunno:

5. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Duh!

6. SRW

Advertising costs money. The site generates $0.00 revenue. I have already paid over thousands of dollars over the years on the site on various features, upgrades and more. Let's just say the financial well is dry until this site starts earning money on it's own. We even tried ads on the site but hardly anyone clicked on the ads to support the site.

7. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It's tough, we're recruiting but most of us know people from our teams boards. In order to really get others we'd have to go to their boards get to know them and then recruit them. Let me be the first to say, I appreciate the money and effort you've put towards this board. I'm sure it gets expensive.

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I was just thinking about that recently. You probably spend a good buck building and maintaining this here site yet there's no source of revenue.
    Why not slap some google adsense down below somewhere so we can help you out? I click on those silly top 100 sports sites all the time to help promote GIF and would much rather click on google adsense links to throw you some $upport.

9. SRW

Well.....we have tried......let me run it down...

We can't do google ads because we are blacklisted by google. We had it when we first opened and they said there was click fraud after only one month and blacklisted us.

We then have tried clicksor and other ad companies and have had problems with members being locked out of the site because of issues with the ad codes or the best part.....the ads just sitting there and earning nothing because nobody bothers to click on them.

10. wide right

So are you totally against trying ads again?

I'd support it like I do by clicking ads on all my favorite sites.

11. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

I'll try and put the word around on a couple of english forums i'm a member of

12. wide right

OK, so I didn't expect to wake up this morning and find ads. I like it!!!

I have a new, fast computer that almost never has problems with page loads so I hope these new ads don't give people problems like you talked about. I do get the constant "transferring data from ads.adbrite.com" in the bottom of my firefox browser however.

13. brakos82

After I get on the first time, it runs smoothly. Only an extra couple seconds at first.

14. SRW

AdBrite is notorious for being slow. I am looking into who else we can go with. I even tried to re-register over at google with a different email. Let's see what happens.

15. brakos82

DOes it count if I click on it and hit the back button after it loads?

16. SRW

Honestly....I don't know....

17. wide right

I hope the google thing works out. Their ads are pretty seamless.

Yahoo started doing ads now too. Might want to look into that.
    http://publisher.yahoo.com/sell/ContentMatch.php?loc=USYPN0005

18. brakos82

I thinkg the advertsing on half the words on the top might be a bit, um, overkill. :dunno:

19. SRW

That was a setting that I forgot to turn off. It's now been fixed and a matter of time before that goes away.

20. brakos82

ANd it's freezing up the site on every page. :icon_frown: