Position Preview: Running Backs

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by TDJets72027, Jul 18, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

http://www.sf49ers.com/pressbox/news_detail.php?PRKey=3170&section=PR News

2. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Gore is bad butt. If M-Rob comes to form our running attack will be fierce.

3. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

m-rob is a former qb. i dont think he will come though for yall

4. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I agree, I think Hicks will be a better #2 option for us. MRob looked good in one game last year and every Niner fan thinks he's so great now even though he didnt do much else after that.

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I hadn't noticed he performed so well against division rivals. I hope he'll do it again and again and again...

6. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

In our "movement" to become a tougher hard nosed team in all three phases Hicks will fall to the wayside. M-Rob is one tough sob that hurts people. Check his highlight reel...he's got pain written all over him. We run, everyone knows that....they will do what they have to do to stop us. Churning out tough yards and breaking tackles is what we will need....I'm not so sure Hicks can do that....I AM sure M-Rob can.

7. steadypimpin

His "highlight reel"??? :icon_lol: How much of his "highlight reel" is in games other than Philly?

8. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

try the bears preseason game where he carried 3 dudes for 8 yards for a td....if he starts feeling more comfortable holding the ball with one arm instead of running straight up with 2 arms on the ball at all times, the guy will be a force..

9. steadypimpin

Oh sorry, I forgot preseason means something. We beat the bears in preseason too and look how that turned out when we played them for real.

10. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

i remember that game it was great to see though.. It was against the eagles and he knocked dawkins out.. i laughed hysterically over it...

on a side note though i don't think m rob is a great short yardage back and i think my thoughts are backed up by the rams game.. Although he still is young and could learn