Top 5 Complete Runningbacks in the NFL

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TDJets72027, Jul 21, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/1755960/detail.html

2. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Kids. They don't knwo antyhing. Earl was way better at avoiding being knocked down. :club:

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i don't think jones-drew is top five in the league allready

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

You wouldn't put Larry Johnson on the list?

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The article said complete backs, guess LJ isn't one of those. Brakos, I don't think a kid wrote that article and it sure wasn't TDJets.

6. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

I think MJD may be a bit high at #5 but who else is there that are complete backs there's not many, other than that i agree with the list

7. brakos82

I've been watching too many old Oilers videos, so I think that no running back is good anymore :icon_mrgreen:

I was just saying that they probably never watched much footage of the old "ruff n' tuff" days of football.

8. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

If Portis is healthy he's worth considering, but he wasn't, so isn't. I always think when they talk about complete backs, they forget about blocking, Portis is a decent receiver but a superb pass blocker, especially for a guy his size.

I'd agree with the top 3, if Tiki Barber we still playing, he would be 4th for me but he isn't so for 'complete' backs, after the top 3, it becomes very subjective.

9. brakos82

I think somebody needs to delete 5a now. :icon_wink: I doubt he'll be playing anytime soon.

10. RedskinsNo.1

Portis is one of the best pass blocking RBs in the league easily

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

How about showing Deuce some love?

12. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Deuce will be looked over until he returns to his 'pre-knee-surgery' form

13. Buck Fenson

14. RedskinsNo.1

IMO Deuce is pushing the top 5 close, not too sure about his receiving though and with Bush there he will be thrown to less

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

If I was a homer, I would...but LJ needs to learn how to block. And how to catch more passes!

16. Buck Fenson

when Deuce came out of college he was more the complete back. If his knee is healed all the way and he lost no speed then he should come back to form. Freaking Hasbeen wanted him to gain a lot of weight and that cut down on his long runs.

17. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

dosen't it feel great to not have Haz freaking our crap up???

18. Buck Fenson

You damn straight. See how the Rams' defense is so hecked up and that should tell you something.

19. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I think Deuce is basically at pre-injury form. I think he had a better season last year than Bush. I'm sure having Bush back there took a lot of pressure and defensive focus off of him though.

20. Buck Fenson

scary thing is it usually takes 2 seasons to recover from knee surgery. This year we will see how he has healed. But if you asked the Eagles defenders they will say his knee is fully healed.