If someone is nominated already....

Discussion in 'Site News' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 26, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

...why do some of you nominate them again? As far as I know, it only takes one nomination of a person for them to be in the award poll. Nothing is gained by you mentioning them again.

They are nomination threads. It's not the voting poll.

I personally nominate people who I think are deserving of the award that haven't been nominated yet if my favorite for the award hasn't been named already.

It doesn't necessarily mean that I will vote for them above others that have nominated, just that I think they should be part of the poll.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a rod, but it's a little pet peeve of mine about the board that I'm hoping will improve.

2. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

Preach it brotha...

Sweets, does this count as rambling?

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

HEY! Can you nominate me again? please.

4. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

I would but I can't stop staring at that girl shaking her butt.:icon_twisted:

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

which one? :icon_cheesygrin:

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Thats me in the avatar.

lol

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

God Dawk, you're such a rod.

:D

8. DawkinsINT

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that Brian Dawkins is God.

:notworthy: #20

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

lol

But Dawk is right,

Members need only one nomination

This isn't the poll

And you should nominate ppl to honor them

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Nope Linz, it does not...Dawk started a new thread to ask questions which is the best way to do it.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I know it would make my life a lot easier so when I create the voting polls I am not scanning page after page of the same names to try and find the one different name that might have been nominated. At the same time though people want to chime in with their picks so I can't really curtail that. I guess it would be one of those things we'd hope the members would be conscious about.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That's a lot to expect from this crowd...

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I don't expect it....it would be nice if people could be conscious of it though.

14. DawkinsINT

That's why I started this thread. I can't believe that some who have read this thread still nominated someone already nominated.

To me it's quite simple, if someone is nominated, you don't nominate them because they already have been nominated. You gain nothing by nominating them again. It's not the freaking voting thread.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Have you ever been in a Kindergarten Dawk? Logic won't help you there.

16. DawkinsINT

ha ha...I honestly never went to Kindergarten. I was overseas in Sardinia and went from preschool to 1st grade.

17. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

That explains it, Dawk never learned to share or play with others. :icon_razz:

18. DawkinsINT

ha ha...you might have a strong case there.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I nominate Dawk for the sharing challenged award.

20. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Terrell Owens award? :icon_lol: