Rate My Trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Jul 22, 2007.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Have you just made a trade? Or are you thinking about making one and need some advice first?

Post your trade questions here!

Please include league scoring and the number of starters at the position(s) being traded.

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Offensive Statistic
    Passing, Rushing or Receiving Touchdown (PaTD, RuTD, ReTD) 6 points
    Passing Yards(PaYD) 1 point for every 25 yards
    Rushing Yards(RuYD) 1 point for every 10 yards
    Receiving Yards(ReYD) 1 point for every 10 yards
    2 point conversion(Pa2P, Ru2P, Re2P) 2 points
    Passing Interception (PaInt) -2 points
    Fumble Lost, including ST plays (FL) -2 points

Field Goal(FG) 0-49 yards = 3 points
    50+ yards = 5 points
    Extra Point(XP) 1 point

I'm pretty sure that's the point system and 3 WR's start. I'm thinking of trading Plaxico Burress for Reggie Brown, good idea?

3. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Any trade getting rid of Vick is a good idea.

I would say go for it Platoon, but I'm not Mel Kiper.

4. wide right

That right there is as even steven as you can get. Ability wise they are very close. Plax has been around longer and has put up better numbers but both should see similar stats this season. They both play in the same division so no one has an advantage there. They're both #1 WRs on their team. The only difference between the two comes down to QB. Who's gonna get their top receiver the ball more Eli or McNabb? I'd count on McNabb more. That being said the advantage is probably minimal. Philly also spreads the ball around more than NY does.

I wouldn't make that trade. Be patient. Plax has better numbers historically and someone may be willing to offer more for him. Wait till camp and preseason plays out a bit and see what those 2 offenses have going.

5. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Okay, thanks for the advice.

6. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

The preseason hasn't started yet and there are already some trade talks?

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Would thinking about trading Plaxico Burress to Santana Moss be a good idea? Or mybe Muhshin Muhammad for Moss? I have to drop either Burress or Muhammad due to the fact they have the same bye week. So who'd be better to trade and is it a good move?

8. wide right

Plax for Moss is a wash and no one will give you Moss for Muhshin.

You don't have to drop or trade either of them. Don't heck up your roster to appease a bye week. There are better ways. Wait, see what happens. Camp hasn't started yet. A player you've never heard of and is on no one's roster in your league will be a FF star. If you pay close enough attention you can grab him before that break out game in week 1 or 2. You don't need 2 QBs. NO has a bye week 4. You can drop Jason Campbell now and pick him up again then if you need him. Go grab a WR on waivers. I'll bet there's someone very serviceable there right now ripe for the pickin. Who's the top 6 WRs on your ww?

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I think the top 6 FA WR's left are

D.J. Hackett
    Brandon Jones
    Dwayne Jarrett
    Ronald Curry
    Patrick Crayton
    Reggie Williams

10. wide right

Is Vincent Jackson available? If not, grab Hackett. He's the #2 WR on a high scoring offense.

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Jackson was drafted

12. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

just made a trade where i gave up willie parker and tj housyamomma in return i got larry freakin johnson and gregg jennings

what are your thoughts

13. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Interesting one because while i believe that LJ is a better back than Parker i also think that TJ (not even going to try and type his surname) is better than Jennings so i think the differences are probably balanced off

14. wide right

Agreed. Plus with Roaf's retirement on the OL, a nobody QB in Brodie Croyle starting, and LJ's possible contract holdout, Willie Parker might be a better FF RB this season.

15. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Houshmanzadeh? Looks right.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ok, I need a little help here.

In one of the leagues at yahoo i'm in, I was offered Shaun Alexander in exchange for Larry Johnson. Do I take this trade or decline it?

17. wide right

Straight up 1 for 1, I would never do that trade. LJ just has a better chance to give you more points. Plus SA is coming off that injury. See if he would be willing to throw in another player to sweeten the pot. 2 for 1 I would do if the right player was thrown in.

18. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Did you draft before or after the guy who's offering Alexander. I guess that if you did draft before him and wanted Alexander you'd have took him so I agree with WR, there's no reason to trade.

19. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

LJ is ranked 3rd out of the RBs at yahoo and Shaun Alexander is ranked 5th. I did make a counter offer though.

I offered LJ and Tory Holt for Shaun Alexander and T.O.

20. wide right

What advantage to your team does that give you? I'd go rescind that offer quick like. Post your roster and the other guy's roster and maybe some people on here can offer up better trade advice.