How good are the Bears?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by TDJets72027, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Jbuch79

Jbuch79 Rookie

I wouldn't go as far as to say our OL is bad. Our run blocking really shaped up after the preseason and the pass blocking was fair. All of the same guys have returned, and although they haven't done well this preseason I expect their output to increase once the games count.

I think the biggest problem is that if we loose one guy on that line we are hosed.

2. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

3. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Our O-line is not bad, but it's definitely overrated.

4. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

Not by bears fans, here's hoping that the competent half of our line stays healthy and the less gifted parts don't screw up too badly in the rushing game nor get our qb killed.

5. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Not as good as last season, they lost the one guy for what, half the season? Jones is gone, I mean, I think they're still a contender for the playoffs, but not the Super Bowl.

6. Jbuch79

Jbuch79 Rookie

Bears have had no significant injuries. The two starters they lost (Thomas Jones and Tank Johnson) have been replaced. On the other hand, they've brought in more talent on both sides of the ball.

I'm not saying the Bears won't be worse this year...it wouldn't be the first time a good team kept most of their team intact and still came out flat. I'm just saying that there is no reason at this point for them to be so.

7. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

If you look at the guys we lost and the guys we brought in, our defensive tackles look better than last year and while he was a productive guy, the contrast of Benson and Wolfe will give us more options as long as Benson can stay healthy to carry the load as the starter.

8. Jbuch79

Jbuch79 Rookie

Ya, I pretty much expect Benson to start slow, but come on strong the last 2/3 of the year....Just like Thomas Jones did last year.

Of course the Bears brain trust will be :moe: ing up a storm while they wait for Benson to get rolling.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Agreed... When Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone left Chicago this offseason, I could careless.

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

the Ravens won a superbowl because their qb knew how to play it safe and let his D put him in good situations...Grossman has no idea how to play it safe...the Bears will not win the bowl with Rex..

11. Jbuch79

Jbuch79 Rookie

with the qualifier:
    if Grossman continues to play extremely inconsistently. When Grossman plays well he's three times better than Dilfer ever was.

People forget that the wild inconsistency showed up for the first time last year, mainly because he had never played more than three games in a year before that.

If bad Rex shows up again, we have a Trent Dilfer waiting in the wings in Brian Griese. Of course I bet he wouldn't get us past the first round of the playoffs.

If Rex plays consistently well...which includes a mediocre game now and again...he could definently when the bowl. I say it's worth the gamble, don't make a change until week 4.

12. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

If Rex makes mistakes early on, its okay as long as he learns from them, the problem at the end of last season is that he didn't seem to be doing that and kept doing the same stupid stuff.