Bench Alex Smith

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BarlOwens, Sep 26, 2007.

1. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Yeah..he got let off the hook bigtime in the game against the Cards...and then again by a muffed punt by Hall against the Rams...I really hope Nolan isn't this dumb...

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

That muffed punt really helped us out that game at St. Louis, Smith did respond to the last minutes rather well against Arizona but he was sloppy for most of that game overall though....

3. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

he got lucky with his feet in that game as well tho...plus Battle saved his butt..

4. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Good points there, Smith isn't all that bad when running but I am not fond of the QB's who can do things with running but not passing.

5. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

especially slow runners like Smith....he's no Vince Young...and his passing is worse...

6. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Who the hell else do you want at QB?

You can take Orton and we'll take Smith. :highfive:

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Smith is definitely not like Vince Young rushing or passing wise.

8. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

people need to give alex more time his season will get better no fantasy stud but will win some games, or throw him away so anouther team can use him to beat the niners.
    lose niners lose

9. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

more time? this is year 3...and he hasn't even had the up games like Grossman....he's being paid 50 million to throw the ball, not hand it off to gore and pray that he can get by all 11 defenders in the box...

Orton is just as much trash as Smith....He never was able to throw for crap either...

You can have smith and his 50 million dollar contract....:crackhead:

10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Rumor: Joe Montana coming out of retirement.

:cope:

11. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I say if he doesnt do good this year we need to pick up a good FA qb or draft a qb within the first 3 rounds next year.

12. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

we missed out on Calvin Johnson this year....we need to get a top of the line receiver in this years draft and a late 1st/early 2nd round QB IMO....

13. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I would have liked to have CJ but Willis is turning out to be a stud. I will agree with you on the QB being drafted if alex doesnt produce this year. If he doesnt do crap then I would look to add a FA QB or a 2nd/ 3rd round QB in the draft. Our receivers are fine, not the best, and smith should be doing well with the guys we have right now. I do want a threat at WR which we havent had since TO.

14. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

if they better used Battle we could have that...

15. I bleed Sooner red

I bleed Sooner red Fans refugee

I hope this will end the Alex Smith is the problem theory

16. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

well smith got bench not how you wanted it but trent played like crap time for the bench trent thread now lose niners lose.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I never had any faith in Dilfer as far as a QB that can help us win, he showed it tonight the guy is a dud.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

alex smith was never the issue.

19. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

lol...he's a big part of out issues.

20. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

give Dilfer a week to prepare, and pull Smileys head out from his butt where he firmly tucked it all game Sunday...was he trying his hardest to play worse than Kwame Harris?

Hostler is a freaking idiot...he's worse than McCarthy was....how many running plays can you call right up the gut in a game? and when they finally push one to the edge on a toss, Gore gets 16...then its right back to up the gut where Smiley can't block worth a crap...where was Baas?