Larry Allen Bench Presses 225 Lbs For 43 Reps

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Platoon 86, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EEdzbyMrTE[/MEDIA]

Holy Crap..

2. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

wasn't that last year or the year before?

he's hit 55 reps... and thats not a natural 225

3. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

That was from 2006 according to the video description.

4. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

the weight bench lifted more it held his 400 pounds the whole time lol.

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Larry is a strong guy, but that's not close to his best. He has an BUTTISTED 700 lb bench. The 3 spotters did a good amount of the work.

6. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Barl and I know a very good friend of his...A lifting buddy from college and a pretty good sized guy himself (6'4 380-400) and stronger than anyone i've ever seen. He's lifted 600+ without asking for a spotter. I was always there just in case but damn...So he say's Larry is now ans was back then stronger than he was in everything. Moke (the friend) lifted for years and years and then met Larry who was a lazy heck and had never touched a weight was always able to do whatever was there. 400, 500...whatever, he'd just do it..

So when i meantioned the 700 lift to Moke he simply said "He can do more, i've seen him do it...he's just lazy and doesn't give a crap"

Thats coming from a very competitive guy that people marvle at. When he lifts peoples jaws drop...sometimes people leave bc all the plates are being used lol. So i doubt that he's going to bs anyone and give Larry the upper hand on him for no reason...

edit- just wanted to throw this in here for dramatics-

I once spotted Moke on a strip set that went like this

545x1
    405x1
    315x23
    225x34
    135x10 (rest-pause)

so, you can see he is no slouch himself.

7. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

this is pretty old stuff

8. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

That's excellent stuff. I've seen some of the PL's at my old gym put up 500-565 on bench for a few reps. Those are the most impressive benches I've seen in person. That set above is down right sickening. I've only seen 635 on a bar in person for squats. A 198 lb PLer got it for a couple reps with a couple of us spotting.

9. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I'm pretty sure the squat recor is now held by a 200lber..for some reason 1,290lbs comes to mind (don't quote me on that #)

10. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

For some reason I want to say Andy Bolton either has the squat record or is close the record at like 1100 lbs. He's 260+ though I believe.

11. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Damn, I think I can bench that 15 times.

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Thats a good lift, 225 isn't a joke. We here it all the time with the combine and all but in reality anything over 10-12 is a good lift. Guys like Brady Quinn and Charles Woodson who hit it 20+ times while being right at 200lbs is just ridiculous!

heres the squat i was talking about

Sam Byrd 1050lb Squat at 198lb - New 'All-Time' World Record

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ndMpHZTiuY[/media]

13. Zach49ers

Zach49ers Here 4 sweets's Smutties

larry allen can bench press a crapload.....and still is getting owned out there...

hes just getting to old....or doesnt care

14. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Allen has 11 pro bowls at 3 different positions and he's getting owned...

I wonder if hostler changed the blocking scheme?