Rate My Trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Jul 22, 2007.

1. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

that was my theory i only need a qb for week 10 when brady is on his bye he will be my starter every week.... i have since dropped farve and added delhomme for that week 10..

rb's were just switching back ups no harm to me....

wr i think lee evans now gives me three great receivers especially in ppr league

same team as stated few posts up...

traded heath miller for santana moss...

i also have randy mcmichael and should get eric johnson off the waivers...

santana will be a back up wr maybe seeing action during t.o andre johnson or lee evans bye weeks. I also have chris chambers

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

That's a nice trade for you. I really like Miller but if you can still grab Johnson off waivers that would more than offset his loss. Moss adds good depth to your core of WRs.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

OK this trade has been proposed to me...this guy and I have been going back and forth, him lowballing me for Maroney and Norwood, me packaging Maroney and various 2nd guys for Addai only.

Joseph Addai, Clinton Portis and DeShawn Wynn (him)

for

Westbrook, Maroney and Norwood (me)

I'm don't really want Wynn, I suspect the guy is going to waive him soon anyways...he doesnt have any options I would consider in his place, however. I also have Cadillac and Derrick Ward on the bench RB-wise. I'm pissed at Maroney right now so I would not mind dealing him (although that may be a kneejerk reaction, my gut says he will come on eventually), and I do covet Addai, but I like Westbrook a lot and am not that high on Portis. I'm leaning heavily towards no, but thought I'd get some input first.

Relevant scoring...pretty standard, but PPR:

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Receptions (1)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)

4. wide right

I wouldn't do it. In a ppr league Westbrook is way more valuable than what you are getting in return.

5. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

ok i am not asking for opinions on one trade but more all my trades i have made upto this point to what i think help solidify my team.

so here is my original team that i drafted

ok so i finished my draft with co workers and here is final roster

in a 10 man league with coworkers for 50 dollars apiece.

scoring is 1 pt every 10rush rec yards 1 pt every 25 pass yrds 6 pts every td and 1 pt every reception.

kicker and defensive scoring are like most drafts....

qb tom brady 4 (35)
    rb joseph addai 1 (5)
    rb shaun alexander 2 (15)
    wr terrel owens 3 (25)
    wr andre johnson 5 (45)
    wr chris chambes 6 (55)
    te randy mcmichael 10 (95)
    k stephen gostkowski 16 (155)
    def ravens 8 (75
    reserves
    qb chad pennington 11 (105)
    rb ahman green 7 (65)
    rb tatumn bell 12 (115)
    wr darrel jackson 9 (85)
    wr derrick mason 15 (145)
    te heath miller 14 (135)
    def pittsburg 13 (125)

now here is my new and revised roster
    qb drew brees
    rb joseph addai
    rb shaun alexander
    wr terrel owens
    wr andre johnson
    wr javon walker
    te jeremy shockey
    k guy from dallas
    def baltimore

reserves
    qb brett farve
    rb jamal lewis
    rb ronnie brown
    wr lee evans
    wr jason avant
    te randy mcmichael
    def pittsburg

so should i have kept my original team or is this 2nd one better

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ok, considering this post-week 3 trade...Maroney (me) for Stephen Jackson (him) straight up. Both of us are upset with the guys, respectively...I realize that Jackson is going to be hurt for at LEAST a week with a partial groin tear, but I think that he has more long-term upside after he comes back. At least Linehan is trying to get him involved and scoring while Belichick seems to be avoiding Maroney like the plague. My opinion, it might hurt me immediately while Jackson recovers, but could be huge later on. Maybe. I have Norwood, Cadillac and Derrick Ward on the bench to get me through Jacksons recovery, and I have Westbrook as a #1.
    I'm leaning towards yes at the moment, what do y'all think?

Basic scoring (10 yards per point receiving and rushing, 6 for TD, plus PPR).

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I have Maroney in a league too and I'd be glad to get rid of him. So I think I'd make that trade.

8. wide right

Maroney:
    week 1: 20 carries for 72 yds, 0 tds, 0 rec
    week 2: 15 carries for 77 yds, 0 tds, 0 rec
    week 3: 19 carries for 103 yds, 0 tds, 0 rec

Next 4 games: CIN, CLE, DAL, MIA

I wouldn't say Belichick is avoiding him like the plague. Granted he hasn't scored a td yet but his carries are still good. It's a concern in a ppr league that he doesn't have a catch yet. I think with his shoulder injury, Belichick isn't looking to over work him but at the same time isn't completely under using him either. 3 of his next 4 opponents have weak run D's.

In a perfect world you take SJax in a second. But a groin injury isn't something to heck with. Even if he rushes back into the lineup, he'll be a shell of his former self. Remember how Randy Moss has underperformed the last 2 years. Some people will point to his attitude but also remember he had a lingering groin injury. It drastically affected his ability to run. Is that something you want in your RB? Not to mention the o-line problems in St Louis.

I'd stick with Maroney.

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I came close to trading all Saints and Rams just in frustration only. I would've excepted IOU's for Drew Brees' performance.

10. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

should i make this trade

steve smith panthers
    for terrel owens

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

If your getting T.O. I'd jump all over that trade. Carolina's QB situation may get ugly and Owens love him or hate him seems to be more consistent.

12. wide right

If you are the one getting TO then yes! Carolina has no QB and Smith is about to become completely worthless.

13. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

in a 10 man league it is a ppr league
    i traded matt shaub ernest graham lavernous coles baltimore

i got eli manning frank gore jericho crotchery owen daniels

my line up now
    start 1 qb 2rb 3 wr 1 te 1 k 1 def pts are 1 pt every catch 10yrds rush rec 1 pt every 25 pass yrds and 6 tds

qb donovan mcnabb eli manning
    rb larry johnson frank gore steven jackson brian leonard
    wr steve smith andre johnson jericho crotchery plexico burres marques colston
    te jeremy shockey owen daniels
    k mason crosby
    def chicago

14. wide right

Good trade for you.

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I was just offered this trade:

I receive: Vincy Young, Rudi Johnson & Lawrence Maroney
    I give up: David Garrad & Willie Parker

Right now, my team is as follows:
    Carson Palmer
    Bobby Engram
    Patrick Crayton
    Santana Moss
    Willie Parker
    Marshawn Lynch
    Jason Witten
    Nick Folk
    Seattle Def
    Bench: David Garrard, Marques Colston, Steven Jackson, Deshawn Wynn, Chris Brown, Jacksonville Defense

Should I accept?

16. wide right

I wouldn't make that trade. You aren't bettering your team. Plus who wants 2 RBs suffering through injuries right now. Stick with what you have.

17. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Thats what my plan is, my only consideration is trying to find out how healthy those 2 RB's are right now.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Derrick Ward and Roddy White (me)

for...

REGGIE WAYNE and Kevin Jones (him)

:moe:

My starting receivers are now Randy Moss, Steve Smith and Reggie Wayne. Seriously.

19. wide right

Damn! Nice trade. :highfive:

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

OK, the league is PPR with big play/yardage enhancers start 2RB/2WR/1RB-WR...

I was offered Frank Gore, Roy Williams, and Derrick Mason (him), for Randy Moss, Reggie Bush, and Kevin Smith (me).

I'm deep at receiver with Moss, Wayne, C. Johnson, Chris Chambers, Sid Rice and Chris Henry (after he returns from suspension) so I feel like don't really need Derrick Mason. Bush and Smith are BOTH of my RB starters, I do have Jonathan Stewart on the bench, but I'd rather not trade both of my starters when I don't really need a Mason-quality wideout in return.

I'm thinking about countering with Moss and Bush for Gore, Williams and Robert Meachem, but still considering taking the original trade and try to package Mason for another RB.

Thoughts?