Tony Romo signs extension

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Bears 88, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Overpaid.

2. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

wow he is really overpaid isnt he 27 so maybe he has some more time to become better

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Says the fan of the team that signed McNabb for a similar contract, when he was starting to suck...

I say this is great news. We were looking for a franchise QB for years...since Troy Aikman retired, and now we found one.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Looks like the deal could be officially announced as soon as tomorrow morning.

5. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

You guys have a guy that naturally knows how to play the game at a high level. People like this are rare, congrats.

btw- screw the cowboys!:icon_cheesygrin:

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

my thoughts exactly

7. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

especially the "screw the cowboys" part :icon_cheesygrin:

8. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

Dammit,

I was holding onto the hope that he would test the market and Jerry Angelo would open the purse strings to get Romo in a Bear uniform. He went to Eastern Illinois and it's not far from his home state of Wisconsin.

Could have happened.

Oh well:icon_sad:

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

im dont think bears 88 woulda liked that he still holding hope for rex's return. imo this is good even though i wasnt expecting this till maybe the offseason or the end of the season

10. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

He got the extension way too soon, they should have at least waited until he started a whole season before giving him that much guaranteed money.

11. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I wouldn't have given him that much, and he still hasn't proven much to me, just like Jason, so far I've seen them play good against horrible teams.

And when they played against a good team, we both got smashed, so I don't know.

He's a good QB, but I need to see more of him or at least more to say 67milllion is worth it.

I wonder how fast Carrie Underwood is gonna try to get back with him now.

12. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

that is some huge freaking money

13. how did marc bulger play after he got his massive extension? :icon_cool:

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

No QB can play good behind an awful OL...I'll give Bulger that. The Cowboys OL has proved to be reliable this year so I'm not worried about that happening.

15. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Way overpaid for a guy that hasn't even completed his 1st full NFL season.

16. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I think Romo is doing great but I think they jumped the gun. They should have waited until the season was over to see how he does. I think he is the real deal but you never know, what if he gets hurt or sucks for the rest of the year? Thats a high price to pay for what the future could hold.

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

a high price to to pay for the future is giving a qb taken in the draft and giving him millions of dollars before he even takes a snap in the nfl.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Word.

19. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

Exactly. You see the pile of crap in Alex Smith that we gave 50 mil to. I would much rather pay a guy thats actually played an NFL game then give it to a guy who hasnt.