Steve Young Insults Emmitt Smith, ESPN Insults America

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by SRW, Nov 6, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Steve Young Insults Emmitt Smith, ESPN Insults America

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Smith sucks at his job,and Young is a hypocritical c**t.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

true on both.....as much i like smith dude is not good on TV

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

ESPN has just hecked up MNF from start to finish. The only one I can stomach at all is Ron Jaworski, and that's just because he points out things you might miss in the game otherwise. He at least has the football intelligence. I may be in the minority here, but when I watch MNF I don't want to be entertained, I want to watch the GAME!

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Smith is a mumbling bumbling fool who should never be on TV in that capacity, he always sounds like an uneducated doofus.

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Young throws looks at Smith every week. He can't stand working with him. It's been escalating for weeks and he finally got verbal with it last night. Young knows Emmit is a friggin moron of an announcer. It's become a fun segment to watch. Wait for Emmit to say something goobered, then wait for Young to get mad. :icon_mrgreen:

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

What's next for Young, ebonics classes???? :rolleyes:

8. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

smith can run the football good he can also run his mouth on tv but not good he horrible

9. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Hell, my grandma used to mute the anthem before every game, and he fought in the Pacific in WW2. Not a big deal that they talked over it, IMO.

As for Emmitt, get that moron off the TV.

10. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Why do former Cowboys players suck at broadcasting?

Michael Irvin, and now Emmitt Smith.

11. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Coming from a Jets fan...

[​IMG]
    I WANNA KISS YOU

12. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

So being interviewed by an ESPN sideline reporter is the same as being an ESPN broadcaster?

Besides, the Namath incident happened in 2003, I believe.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Excuse me, but Irvin was great. Unlike other announcers that sound like robots he was never afraid of speak his mind...and that's why he got fired.

Besides...Troy Aikman is a great broadcaster...so not every former Cowboys player sucks at it :icon_rolleyes:

14. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Troy Aikman blows...both on tv..and Emmitt Smith...

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I like Smith in every other venue, not analyst. Steve Young isn't exactly the best broadcaster/talking head either.

16. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Aikman bores the crap out of me. Cement has more personality.

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Soooooooo.....if they have too much personality they suck and if they have no personality they suck and if they talk too much they suck and if they talk too little they suck....if they are controversial they suck if they aren't controversial they suck.....if they try to entertain they suck and if they just analyze they suck......
    Thing that amazes me is the fact that Emmit graduated from College....... didn't he?

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Although I hate Michael Irvin he was at least knowledgeable but the loudness and the laughing was too much to bear, he always had to be the one guy that talked over everyone and had to drown out the rest of the panel.

Sterling Sharpe was good IMO, knowledgeable and soft spoken, he didn't have to yell to get his points across.

Steve Young may not be the best broadcaster/analyst out there but he's educated and the words he uses he actually knows the meaning of, can't say that about Emmitt.

19. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I was pissed that they had the nerve to talk in front of the national anthem like that. Just goobered.

20. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

"My Grandma....and he fought".... guess that about says it all for what your opinion is worth