Go Giants!

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Macpac, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Macpac

Macpac Guest

For those of you in the NY area that watched the giants game on fox, how great was it when the game ended and it went right into the Cowboys game with the winning touchdown by Romo?!
    Talk about great timing.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

You gotta love when that happens. If you don't have DirecTV and the Sunday Ticket package those live cut ins are always a welcome plus.

3. Macpac

Macpac Guest

I guess my thread title was a little misleading...

In any event, I love how the games cut in and out according to the stations they broadcast on. It makes me think more and more that Direct TV may be the way to go...

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

it is the only way to go there is no other way

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I can't imagine my life without NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't even know how I survived before I got it.

7. lostfan

lostfan Starter

That crap is a rip-off unless you religiously watch every team in the NFL, IMO. But as far as I'm concerned, I'll be damned if I pay an average of 15 dollars for every Bears game. Just no. I really don't care for the NFL's money whoring ways of the past decade. They're even worse than MLB.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, well...what do you get on regular cable? 3 games per Sunday? Here in Mexico we get one. With lousy commentators since the best one died last summer.

In my house we follow religiously the Broncos (my brother), the Steelers (my father) and the Cowboys (me). If none of those teams is playing at any given time, we watch the best game, or vote, or just flip through them all on the commercials. Sundays are a blast in my house :D.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I love it and it's easily worth it for me. I typically watch the games on Sundays with at least 3 other people. Usually more come over, but there are 3 others that watch games here pretty much religiously every week. 2 are 49ers fans and the other is a Rams fan. I paid for the majority of the package, but the others have chipped in too.

If all of our teams happen to play at the same time, we still can all watch our team. I have two tvs, plus I have the Super Fan package which allows you to watch games on your pc as well via Supercast. We all have the option to flip to any other game that we prefer to watch at any time.

Every Sunday's a party! :buttrock:

10. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

So...you all think that paying over $3 a gallon for gas is a good deal too?

11. lostfan

lostfan Starter

You live in Mexico so I suppose that's a different story. Generally there are at least 3 games available which is plenty of football to me. Obviously the night game, then the 1 pm and 4:15 pm game (always was noon and 3:15 to me before I moved to the east coast). So, I'll always have the Ravens and Redskins games available by default because I live between both markets, then I'll have the featured game of the week unless it gets bumped by one of these crapty local teams. More often than not those are the best games of the week outside of the Sunday night game. To me, that's more than enough, I don't give a crap about games like Eagles-Cardinals so I'm certainly not gonna pay 50 bucks a month for 5 months so I can flip between these run-of-the-mill games when a good amount of the time I can get the week's best action for free. I just plain don't like the NFL that much. Of course I wish I could watch every Bears game and if I still lived in the Chicago market I most definitely would, win or lose, but when they start digging in my wallet I draw the line there. Then the fact that only DirecTV carries it is insult to injury.

I wish the NFL would simulcast games on the Internet the way mlb.tv does, and charge a subscription fee. But I think that's asking the NFL too much. And if they did I bet it would cost like 35 dollars a month or some other gouging-ass price.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

its not about it being a good deal its about what you want. supply and demand at its best i want to be able to watch my cowboys play every sunday i live in atlanta so if they play at the same time im screwed. 3$/gallon its not about being a deal either it about how much you want to drive dont want to play 3 gallon dont drive dont want to watch more than 3 games on sunday dont get nfl ticket

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

well if you do not live in your team's broadcast area it's well worth it. especially when it works out to $15 per game. i wish i could pay that much for ticket.

14. lostfan

lostfan Starter

I mean if I could just get only Bears games, I'd consider paying half of what it costs now, which is still a lot. But no way in hell am I paying upwards of 50 bucks a month just to see Bears games, factor in the fact that they're prime time like 4 or 5 times this year and that dilutes it even further. If I watched all the other games I'd consider it but I won't, the games I want to see are free and I'm content with those.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

well luckily i don't have to worry about that but you may have to reconsider if the bears keep losing because they will not see many prime time slots.

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I disagree that it's about supply and demand. I think it is more about the conditioning of the fans mind. The NFL and Direct tv and Satellite companies are conditioning you to think that it doesn't matter what the cost is as long as you get to see your team play or the games you want to see. It started years ago with ESPN and the cable companies and people with free tv couldn't see some games unless they had cable. A lot of you might not be old enough to recall that. You can call me ancient or not with the times but we are being conditioned to think that whatever companies say we have to spend is ok. I added the part about gas at $3 a gallon because that's basically what happened. it kept rising and rising until we get accustomed to it and now when it drops below or close to it...we think it's a deal. So $15 a game is less than buying an actual game ticket and that makes it ok? The satellite companies and NFL are loving every second of taking our cash.

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

$15 a game? How much do they charge you? We paid the equivalent to $120 dollars for the whole package!! :icon_eek:

18. lostfan

lostfan Starter

It's like double that on DirecTV. No bullcrap. I forget the exact numbers but it comes out to be like 53 dollars a month for each month of the football season. Basically the DirecTV paid the NFL close to a billion a year so they could have an uncontested monopoly and charge whatever the hell they want. So both of these tramps profit.