Official Atlanta Falcons Thread

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by WarEagle, May 17, 2008.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I can post in this regularly if you want to pin it.

Thanks,

War

2. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Done, I'll take off the ? if you want me to as well.

3. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Already did. Thanks for pinning it. :icon_cool:

4. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Ok, so what are your thoughts on Matt Ryan?

5. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I think he has all the tools and intangibles to be a great QB in this league. But... on paper, so did Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Chris Redman(jury still out... I believe he could shock some folks still), Joey Harrington, and so on, and so on.
    I am constantly reading up on articles and interviews on their official site. I read an interview with WR Brian Finneran after the most recent mini camp, and he had something interesting to say about Ryan. Upon being asked what he thought about the young QB he said, "I ran a 40 yard seam route today, and he threw the prettiest pass I have ever seen since I've been in the league."

I don't know what that's worth. And I know that his team mates are going to do what they can to build the kid up. But there's a lot of buzz surrounding him thus far.

6. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Yeah, everything I hear has him as almost a sure thing, but then again people thought it about Leaf. Atlanta needs him to be after the Vick incident.

7. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

What's shocking me is the racism that is going on within the Falcon Nation regarding this guy. The entire Vick-hugging gang seems to shun this kid because he's white. That's a generalization, I know, but it's a huge contingency of fans. I hate that. Why do people have to see color like that? It's frustrating.

Anyway, yes, the Falcons need him to become a perennial All-Pro. Badly.

8. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

In Georgia you're gonna have to always deal with racism. It's unfortunate but its hard to avoid.

9. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I'll tell you who excites me out of the Falcons' draft...

ILB Curtis Lofton, Oklahoma
    CB Chevis Jackson, LSU
    WR Harry Douglas, Louisville

All three of these guys will have considerable playing time this year.

You're exactly right. I haven't lived there in 5 years now. So Cal is a different world, let me tell ya!

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

lol, Atlanta, Georgia is the last place where I expected racism against white ppl.

The Falcons need to get over the Vick indicent and had to start over new. I don't think, he'll ever come back to the NFL

11. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It goes both ways in Georgia olly, so much of that tension left from the past.

12. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I understand your sentiment. Most of the rest of the country doesn't understand the racial dynamic there. The city of Atlanta is a melting pot,and predominantly African American. It is a much different demographic than the rest of the state.

However, don't get me wrong, I'm not calling the city of Atlanta a place where blacks are racists. I'm just talking about the Mike Vick dynamic, etc.

... and as a Falcons fan, I can't TELL you how SICK I am of even saying the name, Mike Vick! Holy Heck!!! Totally sick of it!

13. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Yeah, Vick fans won't come to terms with the fact that he committed a felony.

14. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Im definitely on board with curtis lofton being a great pickup...I was hoping the niners would take him...

15. happ

happ PECAVI

I'm totally with you there...was a huge Vick fan until all the crap last offseason.

I was wanting us to draft J. Long, but I'm loving all the stuff I hear about Ryan. He sounds like a guy that won't allow himself to fail. I've seen Lofton play for the past couple years, and he'll be a keeper. I'm cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season. Besides, it's our turn to win the NFC South.

16. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Yeah, Jake Long was my top choice too. But I'm really satisfied with the draft the Falcons had. I'm hearing a lot of buzz about WR Harry Douglas. You?

17. happ

happ PECAVI

Douglas will be our returner, and Jennings should be sweating right about now. Everything I've heard of him from camp has been good, same with Lofton and even Brent Grimes. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these young guys in action this season.

18. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

apart from Von Hutchins who got burned like a snitch!

19. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I saw that video footage too. LOL! Eh, it was mini-camp. I'll cut him some slack for now.

20. happ

happ PECAVI

It's not like we aren't used to seeing CBs burned up in Atlanta before. At least they won't be paid 8+ million a year to do so.