Update: Post Icons Back Up

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 20, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Effective IMMEDIATELY the post icons will not be a feature on the site anymore due to copyright laws.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wow. That sucks. We will deal though.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Well that freaking blows hard!

Let me ask this: Could ones be made up with the Team Colors and City Names in it? Generic Like ones?

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Are those bad guys sending you nasty letters again? I could take care of them for some vcash!:club:

5. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

It never ends.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

DD13 you can have all my vCash, over to 4M

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

This sucks...

8. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Greedy bastards, what's next we can't use the team names when reporting a story?

9. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:icon_cry:

They were good while they lasted. They will be missed very much.

10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Looks freaking lame, now. :icon_rolleyes:

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

What's with the Header for posts now? It used to be two rows high on the awards and four rows high on the gifts. Now it is one on the awards and three on the gifts (with ribbons.) Does that have something to do with the icons too or just coincidence?

It's hard to find posts now...if we can use generic icons, I could help make them if need be...just let me know and I could lend a helping hand...

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What about the team skins? Are they gone too?

13. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Of course. :icon_rolleyes:

14. SRW

Team skins are not gone. They had no team logos, they were just .css stylesheets with team colors. Due to some of the changes they will be down for a bit but I will get them back up hopefully tonight.

86WARD, some of the postbit fields needed to be adjusted because I had to get rid of the favorite team icons. I needed to find a balance in how to space all the icons so they didn't seem too awkward.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

My team skin is working...

DAMN!! Your'e hiding my PIMP AWARDS!!! :icon_wink: That's cool. If we are allowed to make generic ones with the team colors and cities in them, let me know and I can help.

16. SRW

As long as the team icons do not use any copyrighted logos or names then yes, they can be used.

17. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

What copywrite laws and by whom? Why is it THIS site is always running into this kind of trouble? That's funny because numerous other forums have post icons as well and I only ever hear about this stuff here. What's the story? Did you piss off a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows the brother of an NFL attorney?

It make sno sense that we can have an avatar or team logo or player image in a sig, but not a post icon? C'mon. Something doesn't add up there.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes: I'm sure that is exactly what happened. Maybe GIF is on the radar more than those other sites...ever think that could be possible?

19. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I guess in the case of a post icon, you're using the copyrighted image to gain benefit for your own site. Avatars are just used for personal reasons? I don't get it either. It's dumb, but that's life, I guess.

20. SRW

FSU.....frankly? I don't owe you or anyone an explanation when it comes to how I run this site. The fact is that there are reasons and I am doing what is best to keep this site running. I can't worry about what other sites do and what they are allowed to get away with. Now if you want to play conspiracy theorist then have fun with it. Just know you more than likely will be wrong with whatever theory you cook up.

Now I am being as up front as I can be right now. I have been open about these situations in the past and right now I have to act, not sit here and explain.