Update: Post Icons Back Up

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 20, 2008.

1. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

:icon_eek: I didn't even realize this was missing till you pointed it out. I don't pay attn at all, huh?

2. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

There's too many "yellow" team icons. Packers, Vikings, Steelers, one other team all look the same and are pretty bright if you have a hi-res screen. The Vikings should be purple (with yellow border), Steelers black with yellow text, etc you get the idea. It's much more easily distinguishable than having multiple yellow icons.

3. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

:icon_rolleyes:

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I see no problems...

Any answers on a replacement for the "Favorite Team Icons?" "Locations?" Rows of Gifts?

5. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Good response. Anything requiring more thought would probably give you a headache of epic proportions.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

And if you had anything positive to say about anything your head would explode. Seriously, do you have to be a jerkoff about everything? Just saying...

7. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I don't like wasting too much time in responding to your stupid thoughts when a smiley sums it up for me jackbutt.

8. lions2055

lions2055 Special Teamer

GOOD ONE SIR!

9. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Let's not fight in here. If you guys have a problem, take it to the fight club.

I saw nothing wrong with FSU's post to warrant any kind of the responses we've had. He's got a very good point. So many teams share colors and using different shades would only do so much and still be confusing. Using two colors in the style that the team-skins do would make it easier to determine which team the colors represent.

10. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Ahem! You mean, if you women have a problem....

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Here's the problem.....if you try to make those icons with a dominant dark color? Then the font becomes hard to read. Here are some examples:

Steelers Original: [​IMG]
    Steelers Variables: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Packers Original: [​IMG]
    Packers Variables: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Vikings Original: [​IMG]
    Vikings Variables: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

Don't worry steve your doing right

13. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:icon_eek:

And here I thought we were talking about JJ's idea for the username background.:icon_redface:

I see your point, Steve, although I have to say the third Packers variable icon looks really good.

14. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

the second one for packers looks like peckers. I like it :icon_cheesygrin:

15. SRW

Only problem for me though is the team names just look off to me. That's why I went with the light color with a dark border around white font as the final icon.

16. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

sounds good

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like how you have them now...good job steve!

18. SRW

Thank you sir. :icon_cool:

19. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

See I think the 3rd Steelers, 3rd Packers, and the purple/white Vikings all come off better than the yellow ones.

20. SRW

These three? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]