Is It OK To Wear A Jersey Of A Player From Another Team

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by wide right, Jun 22, 2008.

?

Can you wear oppossing team player's jersey?

1. Yes

59.1%
  2. No

40.9%
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

After seeing GIF's anti-spam officer, a redskins fan, sporting a tom Brady jersey in the Pic Thread http://gridironfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=464760&postcount=596 I got to wondering.

Is it OK to wear the jersey from a player not on your favorite team?

I enjoy watching Tom Brady play football too (except against the Bills) but I wouldn't be caught dead in a Brady jersey.
    What about retired players? Is it more acceptable to rock for example a Lawrence Taylor jersey and not be called a Giant bandwagoner?

Thoughts...

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I've never done it, but I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I came semi-close to buying a Steve Young jersey a few years ago.

3. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Starter

I say YES it's okay....but...I really couldn't see myself wearing a jersey representing a division rival. I support all the USC Trojans as they turn pro, so I could easily wear a Reggie Bush, Carson Palmer, Troy Polamalu, or Lofa Tatupu jersey. But as a Chargers fan, you'll never catch me in a Justin Fargas Jersey.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

if you're honoring a retired player or a hall of famer, sure

but to just rock another teams jersey, nah, thats not cool

5. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I think it's okay to wear another team's jersey providing:

- It's not a Saturday, Sunday or Monday (Football time!).
    - If it is a Sunday, you're team is on a bye week.

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i think it is ok. i own a joey Galloway Buc's jersey and as Trojanhorse said i support all my former buckeyes in the nfl but would not buy a jersey for one of them on the broncos chargers chiefs or pats

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Of coarse its ok to wear a jersey of a player not on your favorite team

8. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

It's alright as long as the jersey isn't of a rival team.

9. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I do it. The only thing I won't do, is wear a division rival's jersey. I own one, and that's cause it was on clearance, it was a throwback redskins jersey of Jeremiah Trotters. other then that, I got a Cardinals [Emmitt] Jersey, Raiders [Moss], Falcons [Vick], Colts [Peyton], And also a Peyton Pro Bowl jersey. I prolly got more, just ain't gonna check, but I vote yes. HOWEVER... I don't wear other teams jersey after kickoff of the season, until Dallas is eliminated from the playoffs.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I have alot of jerseys of teams that arent my favorite but i would never wear a cowboys giants or redskins jersey its against my religon lol.

11. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I don't see a problem with it as long as it isn't a rival's jersey and like Jammin said, you don't wear it on gameday. The only reason I don't is because I don't like any players on another team enough to dish out that much money for their jersey.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. Especially if it is a rival team...no way!

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I own a bunch of jerseys from different teams. I always wear my Sean Taylor jersey. I'll occasionally wear a CP one and once in a while rock my Dawkins.

14. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I would never wear another NFCE jersey but I have some favourite players thhat I jst like coming out of college so would get their jersey. Not for the team but just the player.

15. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I guess I'm old-school. I say HECK NO! I have been a fan of the Falcons since 1973. I don't even let my kids have other team jerseys in my house! LOL! When they are adults, and have their own place, then they can make the rules. My house is no democracy. It's totaliFALCONarianism! Yep... I went there. :icon_cool:

16. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I don't have a problem with retired players. Well a little. A Brady jersey is a Patriots football jersey. How can you wear that,if you aren't a fan. I like Urlacher,but no way I'm wearing a Bears jersey,and they aren't even a rival. Support your team,and heck the rest.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

its fine as long as you are not one of those fags that get like a famous jersey and put their own name on it. like you get a bulls 23 and you put woshinsky on it. arrgh I want to push these people in front of an oncoming trains.

18. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I say yes, but only in the cases of Legendary players.

19. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I don't have other team jersey but I guess I could wear some, especially some specific players, past or present (Tomlinson, Barry Sanders...)
    But I will never wear a Ram or cowboy or Seahawk jersey.

20. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's like wearing another team's hat. I have a LA Dodgers hat, and I'm a Braves fan. I just like how the hat looks. Just as long as you don't wear a division rival's jersey, it's cool.