Is It OK To Wear A Jersey Of A Player From Another Team

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by wide right, Jun 22, 2008.

?

Can you wear oppossing team player's jersey?

1. Yes

59.1%
  2. No

40.9%
  1. smeags

smeags militant geek

QFT - i own a payton jersey. i'd never own one of a current player. i'll leave that to the front running redskin fans.

or of course this guy.

2. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I have no problem wearing my barry sanders jersey....

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Granted I don't have jerseys of any other NFL teams, I don't see anything wrong with wearing a jersey of another NFL team.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

nope not chance n hell i will not wear any other jersey other than a cowboys jersey or a team i am a fan of. smae for my kids one of them asked for a falcons one bc we live in atl and his freinds have them and i said NO he was 6 at the time and he now understands that we dont do that i can see my self buying a ronnie lot jesrsey but i dont hink i would wear it

5. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

Absolutely not. Just shows that if you do, you may be a fan, but you don't bleed the color of your team.

6. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Ok.

1. If I knew posting that picture would have started all this crap I wouldn't have posted it. I have few photo of me and that was the best one I could get.

2. My parents bought it for we when they were over in the US a few years back. I wanted to get a REDSKINS jesery however I told them IF and I mean that IF they couldn't get a Skins jesery I give a list of Alt I would like Brady being one of them.

3. If I could but a Skins jesery I would but I always broke and can't so. Plus I don't wear it wearing games over here I have it on when I got nothing else so.

If you still call me not a ture REDSKINS or whatever fine. I just wanted to get point out there.

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Dude, it's no longer about you.

My favorite team has no star players at the moment so buying a jersey isn't an easy investment to make right now. Sure there are players in the NFL that I admire the hell out of; LT, Brady, Manning, etc, but I could never sport their gear. Once retired I think its ok. Although I'd never wear it anywhere while in the city of Buffalo. That's asking for trouble from strangers.

8. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Yes it's ok. I have a Big Ben Roethlisberger jersey and people love it.

It does help that i like Big Ben alot.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^^ total surprise.

10. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I was still a fan of Johnny Unitas even when he was traded to the Chargers....we didn't buy jerseys back in those days though. I don't see anything wrong with it....if you're a fan of the NFL...or a fan of a certain player.

11. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Starter

But it's not the jersey that makes the fan. Hell, half the people in Los Angeles wearing Chargers jerseys now were wearing silver and black back in 2002. They can alternate chargers jerseys every day of the damn week, but they're not fooling me. I remember the one eyed pirate they supported. The true Raider fans never switched, and never will. But you can meet someone and notice that they only support one team with their clothing, not knowing their history, and that they have a quick change habit. To you they would look like a diehard, but it's artificial and has no truth to it.

12. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I voted Yes because I'm wearing an Earl Campbell jersey right now.

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I collect sports jerseys between bball football and baseball i have around 25 jerseys. I have a white black and green eagles jersey sixers jersey and phillies jersey. I do wear jerseys of other teams like hester,chad johnson,steve smith. I dont feel like any less of a philadelphia fan when i wear them.I collect jersey and i have all the philadelphia jerseys but i cant buy diffrent players in the same coler thats just stupid.Its just fine to wear any jersey you want it doesent make you less of a fan.

here are just some of my jerseys

[​IMG]

14. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

that's a loophole :cowboy:

15. brakos82

Yeah... guess it kinda is huh? :think: Still, I've had some Seahawks jerseys when I was in Seattle and Houston was between teams.

16. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

As a fellow skins fan I would never wear a jersey other than a skin's jersey. plain and simple

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

If you wanna rock a reggie white jersey, go ahead....theres no shame in honoring an all time great. I would never wear a jim brown jersey or any other former great like chris collinsworth (lol).

I wouldnt be able to wear anything other than a steelers jersey, i would just feel dirty. And it would never be a polamalu jersey, and i do own one but he made me retire it lol. But unless its a great former player or a player who passed away you really have no buisness wearing a jersey of a player you dont suport on a team you dont support.

18. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Starter

But you know what's funny about fans saying this stuff? Players will change Jerseys tomorrow and wouldn't give a crap what the fans had to say about it. If you're a T.O fan, you should have 3 jerseys by now. He even went from one division foe to another. I'm sure Cowboy fans hated him in Philly and now praise him because he switched jerseys. He was still an Eagle, wasn't he? Same for Randy Moss and his travels around the league.

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah well it doesnt matter what jersey TO has on people will buy his jersey regardless....same thing with reggie bush and formerly michael vick...once the gangster icon of the NFL. Its guys like that who people just buy their jersey whether they like football or not.

I have a willie parker jersey, you think i would lose sleep over it if he left? you say "if your a TO fan".....im not a fan to be a fan of a player, im with the steelers no matter whos on the roster, players come and go but the team sticks around

20. brakos82

QFT... that's just really annoying... :wild:

I follow the players from UofH through the NFL (Kolb and Avery), and if they become big-name players I'll get their jerseys.