Best LB Corps Of All-Time?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by PurplePeopleEaters, Jun 17, 2008.

?

Best LB Corpd as a unit.

Poll closed Jul 1, 2008.
  1. 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. 1985 Chicago Bears

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. 1986 New York Giants

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. 1991 New Orleans Saints

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 1991 Philadelphia Eagles

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. 1995 Pittsburgh Steelers

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

Enough of the individual talk. Let's talk groups! Who was the best?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd go Andy Russell, Jack Ham and Jack Lambert.

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Yup....exactly

4. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

85 Bears

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Singletary wasn't good enough...

6. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

75 steelers

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm glad the Eagles 1991 linebacking core is part of the poll because they were a real solid unit. I didn't vote for them however since their defensive line was so ferocious that it made their job easier.

I'm going with the 1986 Giants. Puke. Harry Carson, Carl Banks, and Lawrence Taylor's 20.5 sacks...that's tough to beat.

8. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I concur with Dawk.

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I concur with Dawk as well.

10. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Can't believe no one has mentioned the Dome Patrol. Pat Swilling off the edge, Ricky Jackson the veteran presence, the rocket pocket that was Sam Mills (RIP) and the steady and underrated Vaughn Johnson.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Dome Patrol was wicked...they sent ALL FOUR to the Pro-Bowl at the same time...that is unheard of. I went with the 1975 Steelers, b/c they were dominate and have the championships to back them up. Lambert and Ham are Hall of Famers and Russell could be one as well.

The 1995 Steelers corps was killer too. Levon Kirkland, Chad Brown, Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd...

12. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I probably agree with the Steelers group, I just think the DP should have at least being in the poll.

13. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

steelers 1975.

they are in the poll.

14. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Singletary was a beast.

15. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Bullcrap. :laughpound:

16. ravenfan52

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

By his own peers and coaches comments, Singletary was a liability in the pass game and couldn't play outside the guards. A MLB is responsible for the area between Tackles and Singletary could only cover the area between the Guards. That area, however, Singletary ruled. He was a monster. But in the passing game and outside the Guards, not so good.

And that is his coaches and peers saying it...

That Saints Group was ridiculous...All 4 went to the Pro-Bowl the same year.

Which do you think is the greatest linebacking corps in NFL history?

18%

2000 Ravens

4%

Broncos' Orange Crush

3%

1980s Raiders

5%

Steelers of the mid-1990s

4%

Vince Lombardi's Packers

12%

1985 Chicago Bears

3%

Hank Stram's Chiefs

11%

Bill Parcells' Giants

30%

1970s Steelers

10%

Jim Mora's Saints

Total Votes: 14541

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

the 70s steelers had the best DLine ever and none of those LBs would be able to play in todays game, they would just be dominated. I realize they owned the 70s but they are very overrated because the rules were different, the game was different, there was no FA and really not that much quality comptetion

To be the unquestioned best i think you should be looked at like you could play through any era and still play at a high level...the 70s steelers LBs would not make most NCAA rosters in todays game....but the LTs giants, the saints and the 90s steelers were dominate back in their day and they wouldve broke records in the 70s and they would still be dominate in modern day.

Its not that i dont respect the players from the 70s because some of them would be able to play in todays game but for the most part and i realize its hard to transcend generations but i hate when people say lambert is the best LB ever because he simply is not

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jack Ham dominated and is extremely under rated and would be able to domintae in todays game. Absolutely.

20. ravenfan52

Same with the 2006 Ravens (Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Terrell Suggs, and Bart Scott).

Well, that's crazy. Jack Lambert and Jack Ham would make every NCAA team and every NFL team. Sort of a lack of loyalty to your team, in my opinion. You call yourself a Steelers' fan, I don't think so. Where's the homerism? True, it's harder to play today than it was in the '70's, but come on! I mean this is the Steel Curtain you're talking about, here. They dominated and still would today. Remember, this is coming from a Ravens fan. I mean that first paragraph, about how they'd get owned today, you're crazy.