Best LB Corps Of All-Time?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by PurplePeopleEaters, Jun 17, 2008.

?

Best LB Corpd as a unit.

Poll closed Jul 1, 2008.
  1. 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. 1985 Chicago Bears

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. 1986 New York Giants

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. 1991 New Orleans Saints

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 1991 Philadelphia Eagles

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. 1995 Pittsburgh Steelers

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Ward, stop being a homer.

That entire 85 Bears defense could beat the crap out of any Steelers team.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

word

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Montana, Favre, Marino, Graham, Elway, all better than Bradshaw. Bradshaw is one of the greats, but not the greatest by any means other than championships. He has the rings to back it up. He played in a totally different era so his passing numbers aren't going to be on par with a lot of the QB's of today, but for anyone who saw him play, his style was very much that of a Brett Favre and he did a whole lot for that Steelers offense in the 70's. He played dumb off the field, but was actually very intelligent when it came to the game of football. But on pure physical talent, no, he's not close to the greatest ever.

He says this all the time as a joke. He was the "offensive coordinator" and the only player of that day and age to call his own plays. Of course he knew how to read defenses...lol.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Yup.....I'm old and hurt......lol. I saw all those teams play and was asked my opinion on who I thought was the best ever. Not who could compete in what era or who could compete now and then...I was asked who i thought was the best ever and to me it was the 70's Steelers. My only voting option was the 75 team. Guess being that good for more than a year or two doesn't count for anything either. Johnny Unitas probably couldn't compete with todays players in his high top shoes either but then again...his training and teaching might be a little different in todays world also. Just sayin'.

5. K Train

to be the best ever, the very best ever, the unquestioned undisputed best ever shouldnt you be thought of as a dominate force no matter who you play no matter when you play? The 70s steelers may very well be the best during their time but the best ever they simply are not, not even close. We want to look at past players as being legendary so bad that their legacys get skewed to overrate them in a big way. We'll just have to wait til you guys who have been all over their nuts since the 70s to die and hope that our generation doesnt suffer a similar homeristic fate.

im a terrible person lol

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Nawwwwwwww....you're just as stubborn as us old farts.:icon_cheesygrin: But....let me toss this out at ya. You think that some of todays top qb's could compete back when they were allowed to rip your head clean off your shoulders? Hit a qb any more and he's down and out and walking around all woozy for weeks. I'm not sure some of these guys could stand in the pocket and take the hits the old qb's took. Different times had different different styles of play and I stillllllllllllllllllllllllll say the 75 Steelers were the best "group" I saw.

7. K Train

fair enough.

I do think that if you put ben on that team they wouldve 10-peated that crap because honeslty ben would have about 20-40 pounds on most linebackers and would be about the same size as most DEs and i think if you put willie on that team (i hate willie btw, well maybe not hate) that emmitt would still be running after that rushing record. Todays athletes are obviously better due to training, the competitivness of the league, the huge amount of money being tossed around. But you guys are taking as much away from todays athletes by saying these guys from the 70s are better when pound for pound they arent nearly as talented, as i am taking away from the 70s athletes by saying theres no way they could play in todays game. so i mean its going both ways. We'll just keep arguing and my side will end up winning when its all said and done because time is on our side :icon_cheesygrin: lol jk

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Hahahaha.....ok!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

9. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

What kind of Bear fan would I be, if I didn't show love to '85 Monsters of the Midway?!?! :icon_biggrin:

I think we all know how great Singletary was, but you add on Wilber Marshall and Otis Wilson and you had the dominant and definitely most feared group of LB to ever play the game, IMO. :icon_cheesygrin:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

Yeah...okay...who is the best ever? The only team that can remotely compete with the Steelers of the 70's in the Niners of the 80's. Any other answer and you are smoking crack. It's not even a question of being a homer. It's just fact.

11. K Train

any modern day team would beat the crap out of the steelers of the 70s, WRs would massacre the steelers DBs

crack is whack

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Highly doubt it.

13. K Train

listen, i didnt want to let this out....BUT i actually have the ability to take any player from any generation and place them in another generation and effectively tell you how they would do with extreme precision. i can also take any team and let you know the outcome and score if they played any other team (+/- 2 points)

its a gift

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Okay listen to this though.

Lawerence Taylor, Harry Carson, and Carl Banks. Most fear LB group ever. EVER! Lawerence Taylor most feared LB ever.

15. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

70's steelers whooped by any team this day and age? hs ha. funny crap! tsvaris jackson would light mel blount up roy williams style.

16. PoohBear

PoohBear Rule Beartannia!!

As great as the 85 Bears D was they were even better the following year when they set records. I also like the Saints of the late 80s/ early 90s because they had no D-line to help them and really didn't need any. The same can be said of the 1986 Giants.

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The 1985 BEARS.