2008 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by suedon70, Jun 25, 2008.

1. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

The NBA Draft is tomorrow night. Who will go to the Bulls with the #1 pick? Derrick Rose? O.J. Mayo? Michael Beasley? Anyone going to watch???

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Rose, and I may watch. I think the interesting story is what Miami is going to do with the #2 pick.

3. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Yeah, I agree. Evidently they think Beasley has character issues, and they might take Mayo with the #2 pick instead.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dont know much about this years players but i hope the sixers get someone good at 16.

5. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

My Magic have the 22nd pick, and I have no clue who they'll likely end up with...

6. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I've heard they may also trade as well.

7. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Unless the Bulls have a trade in the making, I think they will definitely take Rose. As far as the 2nd pick goes, it looks like Mayo's stock could be rising. Miami might take him over Beasley.

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I'm not watching, Lakers got the 3rd to last pick in the entire draft, plus i got to work.

9. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i might watch some of it i am hoping that koufos falls to the cavs or we pick up hibbert

10. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

#1 pick...the kid Grizlies fans wanted to keep in Memphis, D-Rose.

My Grizzlies are a wildcard. Miami has been ready to do 2 or 3 deals, but the Grizzlies have rejected them all. I don't know what our GM is thinking, but he beter figure out a way to get Beasley here.

11. nastynate184

if you get d-rose you need to ship mike connely to cleveland for cheap

12. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

lol...we have no shot at Rose unless Wallace is willing to blow up the team to get him. Trust me, there's a way to get him, but the Grizzlies would lose all their young talent.

The Beasley deals aren't bad. The Heat want the Grizzlies to give up packages made up of: Conley/Lowry, Mike Miller, and the 5th pick.

Nets agree to trade Jefferson to Bucks for Yi, Simmons

13. ball in the baskett

I hope the sixers get a big man in the draft. We need a good post presance.

14. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Wow! The Nets shipped Jefferson away?!?! :icon_eek:

15. ball in the baskett

Really you got a link and for who?

16. nastynate184

i am really surprised that the bucks got rid of yi... i hope ferry can pull the trigger on a deal for mike redd to the cavs now.

17. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

There's going to be some crazy trades.

18. nastynate184

this has already been a day full of trades. Jermaine O'Neil going to Tronto for TJ Ford pending physicals. Clippers and Sonics switching first rounders and sending a conditional first rounder to Seatel. and now this RJ for YI trade.

19. ball in the baskett

I heard the nets traded him to releave cap to try to get wade or lebron when there free agents.

20. nastynate184

well then heck the nets they can't have brony