Is It OK To Wear A Jersey Of A Player From Another Team

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by wide right, Jun 22, 2008.

?

Can you wear oppossing team player's jersey?

1. Yes

59.1%
  2. No

40.9%
  1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

no shame in that at all, if your a fan of college ball sticking with players who busted there butt on your team to make it to the big league is a good thing. they can change jerseys in the pros all they want because your not wearing the jersey to support the team your wearing the jersey to support your boy.

the difference there to what we were just talking about is those guys dont have a choice but to move on, 3 or 4 years and they have to go...being their fans throughout their careers is great imo and thats the only exception i would make as far as wearing another teams jersey

2. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

I don't think anythings wrong with it. I use to wear different jerseys a lot back when I was in JR High and people kept asking me what team I liked and hating on me. :lol:

I remember I had a Mcnair, Warner, Shockey, Alscott, Manning, And some other random butt jerseys. Damn I forgot. :lol: Plus I had a bunch of different NBA jerseys. Mainly people like MJ, Lebron, AI, Boykins, and a few others.

I don't wear many jerseys anymore though besides Broncos ones.
    But some people just like the jerseys. I'm a fan of Brady and players like Chad Johnson and stuff but I don't have thier jerseys right now.
    As long as you know who your team is it don't matter too much.
    I'll never be a fan of those peoples teams but I'll still like the player.

And I have a bunch of Portis jerseys as well since hes an Ex Bronco ;)

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Exactly you wear the jersey because its one of your favorite players. I have a steve smith and a chad johnson jersey but i could care less about how the bengals and panthers are doing.

4. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Shocker. :crackhead:

5. K Train

thats bandwagoning though and you should be ashamed of yourself. the only free pass would be if you fans of theirs at utah or oregon state...now they are your "favorite" players because of their fantasy stat sheet and CJ making an butt of himself. To like a player is one thing but to wear their colors is just blasphemy to your team. I know you like ND so i would understand if brady quinn becomes some huge star if you bought his jersey, he was on your favorite college team for 4 years and had to leave...you can still be a fan of theirs, its only makes sense to be but to like a current player because of a high profile name is goobered and to sport their teams colors would just make me feel dirty. I "like" players on other teams, and i like to see some of them do well, i could never wear their jersey...i like andre johnson a ton, i think he could be the best WR in the game, you will never see me wear an andre johnson jersey though

6. ball in the baskett

IDK i guess its prefrance cause i like to collect jerseys but i would never support any other team but the eagles.

7. K Train

by #1 buying and #2 wearing....you are in fact supporting the other team. Listen i dont make the rules, i just create them

8. ball in the baskett

I dont support the bengals bears panthers titans miami heat denver nuggets or virginia tech but i have there jerseys lol. Screw who ever made the rules i collect jerseys and plan on getting more.

9. K Train

when you spend money on a jersey and wear it how are you not supporting? your purchasing gear decked out in their colors and logos and wearing it for everyone to see....thats support my friend. liking them is way different, thats drafting them in a fantasy league or editing the roster on madden

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

as much as i was a fan of rod woodson, randall cunningham back in the day i would have never worn their jerseys

11. ball in the baskett

I could care less what teams there on i support the player not the team.

12. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I think if you live in or near an NFL city then there is no way in hell you would wear a jersey of another team. It's socially unacceptable to sport another team's gear in Buffalo. Ain't no one gonna listen to your 'I respect him as a player' line either. Pick a favorite player on your so called favorite team and buy their jersey instead. Maybe that crap flies in cat NFL towns like Seattle, Miami and Phoenix but not around here. Fans outside NFL communities may have a favorite team but don't see the harm in also having a favorite player and sporting their gear. That concept is so foreign to me.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i live in atl ans wear my DC Jerseys all the time, hell the yr they played here the Ga dome had more silver and blue than red and black

14. ball in the baskett

No one here minds what jersey i wear alot of people wear jerseys of players that arent there favorite. I do have all the eagles jerseys and most of the time im wearing philly gear but sometimes i rock the hester or chad johnson. I show my team colors alot. My car is teal and i have eagles dice hanging from the mirror lol.

15. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

So it's cool for me to wear this then?

[​IMG]

16. ball in the baskett

lol thats awsome

17. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I think, it's disloyal, and stupid. Support your own team, dumbbutt. Not a fantasy superstar who everybody loves. I don't give a crap . With retired players, maybe. But a secret steelers fan disguised as an eagles fan wearing a chad johnson jersey? nnnnno. NO.

sorry if i got a little carried away there, this actually happened to somebody I know from another forum.

Oh, and in what way is this smack?

18. ball in the baskett

I wear whatever i want and i dont find it disloyal at all. I would never like any other team but the philadelphia eagles. I have hats sweatshirts posters and all there jerseys lol. If you walk into my room you dont have to ask what my favorite team is. I just collect jerseys and sometimes wear a jersey of a player thats not a eagle no big deal to me.

19. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Don't you hate the idea that if your walking down the street in a player from some other team's jersey, that people will think you're a fan of that team?

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't support the wearing other players jerseys unless they are retired, but now-a-days, the jerseys are fashion and people wear them for the player more so then the team...