Official: Sonics To OKC!

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by TDJets72027, Jul 2, 2008.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-supersonics-seattletrial&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I feel bad for the die-hard Seattle Sonics fans.

3. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Definitely. It's a sports fan's worst nightmare.

4. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

It sucks to be a Seattle fan these days! Mariners are pathetic, now the Sonics are moving.

Well, at least they got the Seahawks.

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

This has been in the works for a while too.

6. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Blame it on ownership. Key is a craphole.

7. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Worst thing that David Stearn has ever done while being the commish. And OKC of all places.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That sucks i would be really pissed if the sixers moved from philly.

9. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Poor Sonics fans :(

10. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

fixed

11. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

thus extending the streak of 1052 consecutive posts where baskett mentions a philly team, no matter what the topic is. Keep it going for you have set the standard of homerism!! :icon_twisted:

12. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

On the other hand, I'm sure OKC fans are looking forward to the Sonics coming there. The Hornets had a lot of support when they were splitting time between there and New Orleans, didn't they?

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Sonics got a piece of garbage for an owner anyway. As a fan, i'd be sad to see the team go but I wouldn't want a piece of garbage owner in my city.

14. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

bout time they changed cities. they were doing terrible in Seattle. I think this move is best for the future like five or ten years down the road

15. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I agree. Why not move a team to a city that will better support the franchise. They should be able to build a decent fan base from what we saw of the hornets...

And OK has almost nothing going for it in the pro sports area. I think it's a smart move.

16. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

You obviously know zero about the situation. Seattle has supported their team just fine in the past but they've had several years of mediocrity lately. The reason they're moving is because the public would not approve funding for a new arena although they just made major improvements to Key Arena no more than 10 years ago. The owner bought the team, wanting to move them to OKC the whole time. The fan base was metaphorically raped.

17. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

All I know about the situation is the amount of fan support I watched at the games in my living room... but if the fan base is big, my heart goes out to them. I'd certainly hate to see one of Denver's teams move.

The nugs were bad for years, fortunately for us, a couple of big names helped us sell more tickets and we're back in business.

18. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Yeah, they have great fan support when they're decent but they've been one of the worst teams in the league for a few years now. No market is going to provide good attendance with that kind of atmosphere.