Brett Favre WILL Unretire In 10 Days.

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by PurplePeopleEaters, Jul 7, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. I just know what Brett told me.

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

yea a late round pick he is retired after all there would be no guarantee that he will come out of retirement especially for a crapty team like the phins

3. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Packers won't have enough time to trade Favre, so they'll have to release him. Knowing this, no team would offer anything of value for him, so Favre will be free to sign with Tampa like he told me.

Be prepared to see the unretirement letter from Buzz Cooke in the next couple days...

:icon_lol:

5. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Please! If he really knew he wasn't gonna come back and somebody made it up, he would have called up his local newspaper and said, "I have absolutely no intention of playing pro football in 2008, with the Packers or any other team. I do not have the 'itch' to play, and I do not regret my decision to retire. You will never see me play pro football ever again. All the rumors that have been going around are 100% false and I have no idea where they came from". There's a fine line between that, and texting your local newspaper saying, "it's all rumor".

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Let's say he comes back to the Packers and plays poorly. What happens then? You have divided fans, divided local sportswriters who cover the team, and more importantly, a divided locker room.

Brett should just stay retired.

7. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

This story should stay retired

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

6 more days....

:popcorn:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

6? Really that fast? COME ON BRETT!!!

10. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

QFT - rep

Get the heck off Favres back - it's the media - NOT Favre....

He shouldn't have to say anything.. and is smart not too, as we all know, everytime he says anything, the press takes it and blows it out of proportion anyway.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

So if he comes out and says to the media, "I'm retired and will not be coming back to play ever again", how can the media blow that out of proportion and not end this drama?

12. n1gbpackfan

Because, whatever he says - they take out of context and make a story out of it...he could say "I'm retired and will not be coming back to play ever again", and they'll say he said 'I'm retired and MAY not be coming back to play ever again".. so the story would continue....

Remember back when you graduated from high-school and you were soooooooooo happy, and the next year, you were like, damn, I wish I were back in school.

Favre said during his retirement interview the he may get the itch, and maybe he does have the itch to play again, but that doesn't mean he will. The media needs to get a life and let this die until something concrete comes out from either Favre or the Packers.

IMO.. if he wants to come back let him, it's not like no other athlete ever retired and came back - hell, Reggie White did it. He also gives the Packers the best chance at winning a SB - and we all know it's all about winning these days.

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No. The media sucks, but they would not totally lie and change his exact words if Favre had a press conference.

14. n1gbpackfan

Yeah, ok, we know that has NEVER happened before.....and I am not just talking about Favre here, they do it all the time,, it's all about ratings.

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

RF52, What more does he really need to say? 'It's all rumour'....should have been enough. :icon_rolleyes:

16. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

17. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Wrong. That leaves the door wide open. What's all rumor? It could be any part of the story. Maybe it's all rumor that he will play next year. That he told friends he wants to. That he wants to play for the Packers. That he doesn't want to play for the Packers. It's crazy.

The reinstatement letter could be on it's way.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I told you that letter was on it's way days ago...come on now...

I'm the Pedro Gomez of the Favre World...

19. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

pro football talk is a bunch of rumor tramps

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

BIG TIME rumor tramps!