Brett Favre WILL Unretire In 10 Days.

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by PurplePeopleEaters, Jul 7, 2008.

1. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

ole brett is running short on your time line

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ahhhh....you spoke too soon my young padawan.

:icon_lol:

see the thread about "the letter..."

3. happ

happ PECAVI

The Packers got what they wanted, now he will look like the jerk to their fans. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I wonder if Seattle would bring him in?

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

King said he would write them a letter requesting to be taken off the reserved/retired list, which would put the Packers in a pickle, forcing them to either comply with his wishes, release him, or attempt to trade him. However, Favre requested to be released. The Packers can release him, trade him, activate him, or do nothing. They are not forced to do anything if they don't want him with another team. They can ignore his wishes until he asks via letter to be taken off the reserved/retired list. Maybe this is an indication that the Packers don't want him, and he doesn't want the Packers. After all, the latest ESPN report said that Favre had a conference call with his agent, TT, and MM. Many NFL analysts think it unlikely that the Packers will try to trade him, so I think it's a real possibility that he might be released. Then again, when this whole Favre story broke, Chris Mortensen said that Favre's agent asked for Favre to be released 2-3 weeks ago. So, assuming that's true, the only real new news here is that Favre still wants a release and that it came from him, not his agent, via a letter to the team. This should be interesting, and fun!

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

The problem for the Packers is, all Favre has to do is show up for camp Day One and the Packers HAVE to take him off the list and start paying him. Or they release him...

And it is that easy.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not to me. It's going to be countless articles and speculation that will drive me nuts. I can't tell you how bad I wish he would have just stayed retired.

7. ravenfan52

Come on! Aren't you looking forward to every radio show in every city talking about how he'd fit in on their team?............:icon_cheesygrin:

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

It will if he winds up in Philadelphia somehow...:shock:

9. DawkinsINT

Don't give me nightmares.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could you imagine? What a circus that would be...

11. DawkinsINT

I wouldn't go on the net, turn on the tv, or go anywhere out of the house except work.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

Let's say they bring him in to Philly. Where and what would you want for McNabb...realistically...

13. ravenfan52

That would never happen. Philly's not interested. I don't think Favre is after 4th-and-26 either.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Actually, Philly would be a perfect fit if McNabb got injured. You don't think Andy would be on the phone to Favre???

15. DawkinsINT

It's difficult to answer an unrealistic question, but I guess I wish for him to have success with an AFC team.

If he was retired at the time.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

If McNabb gets hurt (or when...:icon_wink: ...I kid...) and if Favre is a Free Agent, Reid will be all over that...

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Minnesota unless Packers trade him

Mark it Down

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Tampa...no trade.

Someone should get this into the vBookie...

19. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

All you have to do is put up all the WCO offense teams,

Washington - WCO
    Tampa - WCO
    Philly - Reid
    Seattle - reunite with Holmgren
    Minnesota - WCO - Morningwig

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree and then throw "Other Team" in there...