WNBA: Sparks Fly Between L.A. & Detroit

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by WC Jerome, Jul 23, 2008.

1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Source: Yahoo! Sports

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJU8LwW9YOI"]YouTube - WNBA fight Detroit Shock v LA Sparks Candace Parker Brawl[/ame]

2. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

I'm shocked that wasn't ESPN's biggest story of the day. :laughpound:

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

If they did this this crap more often, they would have a fan base!

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

This was so funny...broads...

5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I saw that on Sportscenter. the WNBA wasnt ever thought as a fighter league.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Oh if it was the NBA, it would be.

7. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

And the ridiculous part was the assistant coach for one of the teams got suspended for two games, and I really don't know why - they said he shoved one of the players, but I didn't see it....crazy...

8. DaBearsrule4ever

Maybe it didn't get caught on camera?

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

The assistant coach was Rick Mahorn who was trying to BREAK UP the fight. Lisa Leslie was coming toward the scrum and Mahorn (6'9 about 260-300) put his arms up and pushed her back to keep more players from getting involved. She fell backwards and landed on the court a few feet away. It was completely unintentional and every commentator (male and female) thought as much. The suspension he received is bullcrap.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Granted Mahorn deserved a game for leaving the bench because thats the rule in all of sports but two games was ridiculus.

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Mahorn didn't deserve anytime. I dont know if the WNBA has any rules for leaving the bench. All the female/male commentators I heard said he was only acting as a peacemaker. However, Leslie didn't think so having been pushed down and not knowing why especially since she was trying to be a peacemaker too.