Griffey To White Sox If He Approves

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by ketbuckfan, Jul 31, 2008.

1. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I don't see the fit for Chicago, but I guess the Twins are making them nervous.

3. BengalStripes

BengalStripes Did you get that Al?

Good riddance!

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Good for Chicago for half of next season, it's about time Griffey ends this one already.

5. ketbuckfan

He approved it.

Like Stripes said good riddance.

6. BengalStripes

Yep.

Now maybe his lackadaisical attitude won't rub off anymore on Bruce, Votto, Kepp, and the rest of the young guys.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Since coming off the DL, Konerko has been playing like crap. Swisher is a better when he plays first base. If Ozzie were to start Brian Anderson in Center Field everyday, I would have liked to know how drunk he is. Now I realize the Sox aren't getting the Griffey when he was in Seattle BUT it's an upgrade. The only thing that scares me though is his injury history ever since he left Seattle.

8. BengalStripes

According to CBS sportsline.com, the Reds will get infielder Danny Richar and right-handed pitcher Nick Masset in the deal. The CBS report cited anonymous sources. The Reds are on hook for most of his remaining contract this year.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

he is best suited to be the DH.

10. ketbuckfan

I agree, but they already have Thome. I guess they could put Thome at 1b, he does have some experience there.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's what i was thinking but who plays 1st for them now ?

12. ketbuckfan

I believe its Konerko who's struggling right now.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep - i had thought he was but wasnt sure. that would make sense then. as long as thome can handle playing the field. that was his issue.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

If we didn't have Thome, he probably would be this team's DH.

15. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I think this will give him a spark, to play for a contender again. I think he was just tired of losing and being injured in Cincy. While he's certainly not The Kid anymore, I think he's still got a good bit of juice left in the tank.

16. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I agree with Smeagle, I don't see where he fits in on defense. If they're playing him in center field, I think this will end up as a failure.

Reports are that White Sox are close to getting John Lannan. He's the douche that broke Utley's hand and he is scheduled to pitch against us today. Wouldn't mind if he got moved before 4 o' clock.

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I like it just because it gives Griffey a shot at getting back in the playoffs and series. Sorry but what were his chances in Cincy lately?

18. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I was always a fan of this guy. hope he does great in chi town

19. DaBearsrule4ever

Griffey expected to be in the lineup tonight for the Sox game at Kansas City.

20. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Uh... go KC, yeah.

Maybe Hochevar will pitch well.